10. Work of Art

It's dark. It's silent. It's cold.

Kathy doesn't know what is going on. She doesn't know where she is. She is unable to move; her body feels heavy. Her head is pounding, the pain being unbearable.

There is a musty scent with lavender essence in the air, and something unfamiliar to her.

She is trying to listen hard, though the pain in her head makes it difficult for any noise, anything that might tell her where she is. She is trying to move, to open her eyes, but she can't.

She cannot move her arms or legs. She realizes that she must be blindfolded, and more terrifying, that she must be tied down. She wiggles just a little and feels soft cloth beneath her. She surmises that she must be on a bed.

She hears footsteps, the squeaky turn of a door handle, and the sound of someone entering the room.

She freezes in terror.

She hears some shuffling to her right, and wonders if this is a man or woman, what he or she is doing.

There are no words spoken, no acknowledgement of her existence within this room, and yet, she feels as though she is being watched.

She listens carefully to her captor move about around the room, and from the heavy footsteps and loud breathing, she determines that it's a man. Just as she starts to think maybe he is going to leave without noticing her, she feels a warm hand on her ankle, sliding up her leg.

She feels the bed sink near her feet with his weight as he climbs onto the bed. "You are awake," she hears him say in a smooth subtle  voice, a voice she recognizes crystal clear.

"Jimin?" She enquires with a high pitched voice.

"Yes, it's me." Jimin removes her blindfold as he finishes his sentence.

Kathy bites her lower lip, not sure if she should say something.

He looks her up and down, and a mischievous glint appears in his eyes, "Tell me, Kathy, what are you thinking about?" He pauses, making sure she is paying attention. "Are you still sleepy?"

She is holding his gaze as she ponders the thought in her mind; she feels uncomfortable.

"These ropes," she says. "Why am I tied?" She gestures to herself, "My hands and legs are hurting."

She waits until he nods to that, before adding, "Remove them?"

Jimin's eyebrows shoot up. "Right! I thought so." He completes with an awkward laugh.

He moves closer to her, leaning in, without shifting his gaze from her eyes he swiftly removes the knot.

Kathy winces as she rubs over the red mark that has occurred on her wrists.

"Let me check. Is it paining too much?" Jimin questions, grabbing her arms and pulling her closer to check the wound.

"Nothing to worry about," Jimin assures her and rushes to untie her legs.

They sit in comfortable silence for a while. After a bit of time, Jimin takes a swig from the beer can that is kept on the side table.

Kathy clears her throat and asks, "Why would you tie me when you know I won't run away?"

Jimin nearly chokes on his beer. "That's my way of... doing things." He states while his eyes stay glued on the mark that has formed on Kathy's ankles.

He leans away so he can help her sit. "I wonder why are you still lying on bed when I'm sitting right beside you?" He asks mischievously.

"I guess... I guess I'm feeling tired. No energy left to move," she says slowly after thinking for a bit.