5. Last Breath

He is awake to find himself not in his cozy bed, or even in the protection of his house. He is awake to find himself in another world, a world of suffering!

As the numbness of sleep slowly fades from his limbs, he feels grass poking into his back, like tiny needles. Opening his eyes, he gasps in a breath, but nothing comes and he chokes on his own dry tongue. There is no air in this menacing world, lack of oxygen descending on his mind in a panic.

In desperation, he sucks in another breath, burning his lungs with a ferocity that consumes him. Mist descending on his eyes. Through the surrounding he can barely make out Kathy's house and the evening sky. He can feel his heart beating against his rib cage, slowing every second.

His breath is ragged, his voice stuttering in shallow gasps, and is slowing with hardened tears that roll slowly one at a time in silvery streaks, down his face. His heart tightens up again as a wave of pain washes over him.

Throwing his head back with utter defeat and despair, he cries out Kathy's name. Believing she is still in his arms. Through a haze he hears her soothing voice, "Jungkook, please don't leave me. How will I survive without you? What about our bucket lists? We were supposed stay together for life time, Jungkook, you promised me, remember? Open your eyes, Kookie!"

He knows it isn't real, she is not here, her voice is just inside his head.

Realization dawns on him that he is going to die. He is trying to move his chest, trying to suck in air, but none comes. His heart stops. His mind gives one final sigh. Then he feels nothing. Nothing at all but... Darkness!

The handsome intruder has them corralled in the corner of the backyard, as he is pointing his gun at them each in turn and they close their eyes in a huddle.
Then comes his chilling deep voice, singing,
"Well I'd rather see you dead, little girl~ Than to be with another man~ You better keep your head, little girl~ Or I won't know where I am~"

"Kim Teahyung?" Jungkook trembles with fear upon realizing the identity of the intruder. The gun in Taehyung's hand is doing justice to its job, both Kathy and Jungkook are petrified.

Taehyung is not alone, Kathy doesn't dare to look anywhere but the ground, the green grass in her backyard seems to be more beautiful to her. Jungkook's palms are sweaty and the adrenaline coursing through his system is shutting down his ability to think logically. He wants to run or beat the living daylights out of the person pointing gun at Kathy. But he is aware that it won't work, Jungkook is not as strong as the person cornering him.

"What song is it?" Teahyung questions and Kathy looks at at him furrowing and taken aback.

"S-sorry?" A scared little Jungkook blurts out in low voice, fearful of sounding offensive.

Taehyung giggles, "This is fun. The song I was singing, identify it and I won't kill you." He pauses, recalling all the times he played this game, "One of my favourite games."

Jungkook looks at Kathy in utter confusion. According to what the TV shows about Taehyung, he's a notorious man, but this is certainly not a behavior Jungkook expected from him.

Kathy shakes her head, eyes glistening, lips quivering. Jungkook purses his lips while they both stare at each other. Neither Jungkook, nor Kathy ever tried to indulge themselves in the entertainment section. They have serious jobs, which requires all their mind and soul, so they never bothered inclining towards movies or songs for entertainment.

"What are you guys doing? Give me the answer or my gun is ready to shoot." Taehyung announces, pointing his gun back at Jungkook.
Kathy barges in between, fumbling, "W-we don't k-know. We d-don't listen to songs. Please, Sir, don't harm us. The instrument that you are searching for is with the Police Department."