7. Assault

There is silence with misty haze upon the horizons of Kathy's mind. That is where she keeps everything, her mind. That is until now.

The hard painful lump in the back of her throat, her tears begin to form. Slowly her breathing hallows itself and a small but intense pain ticks the top nerve in her head.

Before she knows it, there is shouting, her own, yet the voice is distant. Tears streak her face, the decision is not at all difficult. "Being a loner is better than living with two strangers," she heard her own voice.

Taehyung stops thinking like he has taken a bullet to the guts. "That's nonsense. I'm sorry, I killed your brother. But I am ready to give you a better life," he completes, raising his eyes to meet hers, so that she knows he isn't messing. "Let me tell you this. If you're planning to go to the police, then you're making a huge mistake. Guess what, I have them under my feet. The outside world holds nothing for you while I'm offering you heaven!"

"Prison! You're offering me prison." She shouts back at him. Kathy's face lose what little colour it had a while ago. "Damn you, Kim Taehyung. If you're a real man of your words, then prove it. Give my life, back to me." Her eyes washing with the kind of rage that only come when people break in ways not to be easily repaired.

"Stop playing the victim card here." Taehyung growls.

She yells at him, her breathing is unsteady, "I am the victim. Can't you see?"

A slight cough behind them brings them apart and their heads around. Jimin slowly walks in the room. He glances up smiling at Kathy, "Kath, my love, don't worry! Daddy isn't gonna force you to stay here."

Kathy stops dead. She is hearing her own pulse banging in her ears and there is sweat dripping down her back. She tries to return the smile, but her lips barely twitch.

Jimin wraps his fingers around the trigger of his revolver that is hanging loosely in his hand, giving Kathy a dangerous look. Kathy is waiting for him to throw his fit, which will probably result into her collapsing on the tile, convulsing.

She closes her eyes but none comes.

A gasp leaves her lips as she opens her eyes again, only to find Jimin standing close to her. On the other hand, the heat on her neck indicates Taehyung's presence close behind her. She is being sandwiched inbetween them, it's all gross for her.

Jimin places the tip of his gun on Kathy's lips. "Princess, I'll arrange your send-off right away," he growls, his breath hitting her forehead, causing more beads of sweat dripping down her face.

Taehyung chuckles low onto her ear, "Babe, think twice. Jimin never lies." Taehyung's statement brings relief to Kathy. She's in no position to be admiring the two men, who are practically squeezing her inbetween.

Jimin trails several butterfly kisses down her neck as he speaks, "Goodbye, princess!"

Kathy feels something dig into her arm, and then there is darkness. Darkness suffocating her body like a damp, musty, thick blanket, clinging to every inch of her skin.

By this point, Kathy has resigned herself to fate. No stupid move can save her.

▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

Kathy jerks awake, keeping her eyes closed; she is afraid to open them, unsure of where she will find herself or in what condition. So much of what has happened to her in past days has the quality of breaking her into pieces, yet there is hope in her heart and she wants to hang onto it.
"They are not coming back," she says, stroking her wet cheeks with the palm of her hand. "Calm down, Kath!"