Where it starts

(Y/n) and Bede let out sighs of both relief and annoyance. They were in a cave sitting on a fairly flat bolder. Sheltering and avoiding a storm. There was no thunder, no lightning, but it was extremely heavy. They were soaked through, anymore time out there would put them at risk to get sick.

"Guess it could've been worse." (Y/n) says calmly

"Opal won't be happy about this...." Bede says quietly glaring at the rain

He was going to be late getting back to the gym and he knew that.

"Maybe so. But she also knows whether is unpredictable and doesn't want you putting yourself at risk. She cares about you." (Y/n) says, making a legitimate point

It was true after all. Silence falls over the 2. The sound of the rain being the only noise now. (Y/n) focuses her gaze on the rain. She had always found it relaxing and hypnotic.

Noticing this hypnotized state Bede scoots a little closer to (Y/n). Enough to be closer and without taking her attention off of the downpour. He turns and places a gentle hand on (Y/n)'s thigh.

She jumps at the contact, turns a light shade of red, and turns her head to him.

"B-Bede, you're touching me!" (Y/n) stutters flustered and confused

"I know." Bede says moving closer

(Y/n) keeps eye contact. She could see a certain sparkle of emotion in his now half lidded eyes. Her mind goes blank as the fairy-psychic trainer got closer. The gap between them got smaller and smaller. And before long their lips were connected in a kiss. A gentle, soft, kiss they simply melted in to.

Pulling away they looked each other in the eyes. (Y/n) was kinda confused but fairly calm. A small serene smile caresses his face. He gently presses his forehead against hers closing his eyes. (Y/n) simply smiled and closed her eyes as well.

*3 hours later*

"HOP!?" (Y/n) hollers rushing into the lab stopping the moment she found her friend

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" Hop asks worriedly, as Sonia tries to calm her frantic heart beat

"Something happened between me and Bede. I'm very confused." (Y/n) says clearly boggled

"Alright, calm down. Let's just talk." Hop says gently patting his friend's back