Part Thirty

With the bandits gone, it almost felt as though the empire was back in perfect harmony. Almost. 

Of course, there was the ongoing situation with trying to get the empires to unite together again that Avery and I were currently working on. 

I had a feeling it was going to be a little easier this time around, though, given that her father and I seemed to be good on terms. 

I would hope that to be the case, at least, as I had saved him from becoming a human kebab as far as the bandits were concerned. 

As I thought over the events of the previous day, my brother walked into my room. 

"No. I can't knock," he answered my unasked question. 

It seemed as though Henry could already sense what I was about to ask him. I was going to have to come up with a new catchphrase. 

"I wanted to come and talk to you about something," he said, as he sat down in the chair nearby. 

I raised an eyebrow at him in my inquisitiveness. 

"What's going on?" I asked. 

"I got into the college!" he exclaimed with excitement. 

"You did?" I asked in amazement. 

He only nodded his head in response to that. 

I had known that it had been my brother's ambition to get into the main Starling college for a long time, now. 

"That's incredible, Henry! I'm so proud of you," I told him, in my admiration of his success. 

I knew that my brother was a determined soul just like me. 

"Thank you, Haven," he replied. 

"Hug now?" I asked him. 

He released a soft laugh. 

"I suppose we can-" 

I just pulled him in close and felt him shake slightly with his laughter. 

"Now, how about you? What are you going to do?" he asked me. 

"Well, I've already taken down the final bandits...so I suppose next on my list is-" 

"Marrying Avery?" he asked me. 

I was just relieved that Avery was currently having breakfast in the dining hall. 

I almost choked at my brother's question. 

"It's a little early for that, don't you think?" I asked him. 

My brother subtle shook his head. 

"It's never too early for true love," he replied. 

I felt my lip curl up at the corner, in good humour. 

"Speaking of which, how has studying with Seb been going?" I inquired. 

"Oh, you know, surprisingly productive. I kept getting distracted by his eyes at first, though," Henry said. His eyes widened after he had said it, as though he hadn't meant to. I could tell that he meant it, though, given the fact that his cheeks had turned to a crimson shade. 

"They're nice, right?" I asked him then. 

My brother's expression became more serious. 

"This is weird. I'm not discussing this with you right now," Henry said. 

I couldn't help but feel somewhat amused at their friendship. At least, they were just friends for now, but it was evident to me that my brother liked Sebastian back. I supposed that I was just waiting for the two of them to realise that.