Ch.27 Painful Truths

A\N: Alright, everyone, so fair warning right now, but this chapter contains some EXTREME mature content. The choice is yours on whether or not you choose to continue. If not, please read to the line break, then continue on to the next chapter. Read at your own discretion.

____________________________________

"It's as I told you, Bentley, a loathsome creature does indeed guard the castle!" Galleth spoke up when Bentley had contacted both him and Gwen on the binocucoms given to them.

"Perhaps that is a bit of an exaggeration, dearest." Gwen tried to reason with him.

"Well, regardless, if that really is true, advanced geological theory indicates the only place this "Moat Monster" could hide is inside that nearby cavern at the edge of the village." Bentley informed them.

"Forsooth! Perhaps also because it is the only cavern on the area?" Galleth pointed out, sounding a bit condescending as he did so.

Gwen merely sighed. "Now, now..."

"Err, right, if this thing really exists at all... It all sounds like superstitious nonsense." Bentley waved his hands.

"You doubt the veracity of my tale?! Then allow me to vanquish this evil beast and quell your disbelief!"

Gwen sighed again. "Oh dear... There he goes again..."

"Whoa, wait a sec, Galleth!" Bentley exclaimed. "Just navigating that cave's interior could be hazardous to your health!"

"Please do not try to reason with him, dearest Bentley, for once Galleth has set his mind towards a duty, he will not rest until it is completed, this included, unfortunately..." Gwen tried to reasoned with Bentley.

"Nay, Bentley! Fear not! I will show you the true valor of the Cooper name! Onward, Guinevere, to victory!" Galleth bellowed as he disconnected, quickly rushing off toward the cave.

Gwen placed her face in her hand for a moment, sighing heavily. "Dear me, what ever am I going to do with you, darling? Such a handful indeed..." She grumbled aloud, following after the moronic knight toward the cave.

However, as Galleth and Gwen had climbed up to the cave to venture inside, a certain female officer was trailing behind them, her shock pistol at hand. "Carmelita, what exactly are you doing?" Sly questioned when he saw where she was headed.

"Relax, Ringtail. I'm just keeping tabs on the dragon slayer and his princess." Carmelita replied.

"I don't recall you watching my back on any jobs." Sly said, sounding a bit annoyed as he folded his arms.

Carmelita smirked. "Only when I'm trying to catch you!" She retorted. "And besides, you should stop concerning yourself with me, because you have someone else you should be more worried about, because this was your mess to clean up, after all."

Sly frowned. "Yeah, thanks, I really don't need you reminding me of that, Carmelita..."

"Hmph... Well, I also find Galleth a bit charming as well. He has a good heart, even if he is a headstrong goof. Perhaps that's why Gwen stays with him, to keep him grounded."

"Then you'd better get going before "Sir Goof" gets himself captured again." Sly waved her off, watching as the officer followed after Gwen and Galleth into the cave.

Once Carmelita was gone though, Sly scoffed under his breath, grabbing his cane as he turned to leave. However, just as Sly turned to head back to the hideout, he suddenly gasped when he felt a brutal yank on the back of his shirt collar, forcing him backwards and onto the ground, landing pretty roughly onto his back. The moment Sly opened his eyes though, he gasped again just as he saw the ebony vixen herself climbing on top of him, hovering above the raccoon with a strange look in her eyes.