Chapter Ten

Franky picks at her dinner with her fork as Bridget silently watches her. Bridget takes a sip of her wine. "How did it go with Boomer today?" Bridget asks, carefully watching the younger woman's body language. Franky looks up and shrugs. "Hopefully, we can get the charges dropped. Worst case scenario, she'll probably get involuntary manslaughter." "How much more time is that?" Bridget asks before taking another sip of wine. "At least a year, unless we can get it as time served starting with when she was charged and tack on the remaining to her current sentence." Franky continues to pick at the leftover food on her plate. "And her lawyer. You okay with them?" Franky's hand freezes over her plate. Bridget smiles to herself. 'There it is. That's what's bothering her.' "Yep. All good." Franky gets up and takes her plate from the table. "You done?" She asks, nodding towards Bridget's plate. Bridget nods and watches as Franky takes her plate. Bridget eyes her as she walks over to the sink and begins to wash the dishes from dinner.

As Franky is drying off her hands, she feels warm arms wrap around her waist. "Are you okay baby?" She places the towel on the counter and turns to face Bridget. They look into each other's eyes as Franky nods. "Just a stressful day." Bridget moves her hands up the brunette's back. "Anything I can do to help?" She asks while raising her eyebrows. Franky smiles before leaning down and gently kissing her soft lips. "You already have." Bridget breaks the kiss and touches her forehead to Franky's. "How have I done that?" Franky wraps her arms tightly around the blonde. "By being here with me." She moves her hand up the caress the blonde's face. "By loving me like I love you." Bridget lets out a quiet giggle. "What's funny?" Franky asks. Bridget moves her arms up and around Franky's neck. "I think I'm a little behind in that department. Especially after last night." She kisses her. "And this morning." Franky smiles as they lean in and kiss again; each kiss growing more passionate then the last. Franky breaks the kiss, allowing them to breath, before attaching her lips to the side of Bridget's neck. Bridget lets out a moan as her hand moves through dark hair holding her head closer. 'Show her how much you love her. Basically, be yourself. Just don't hold back like I know you do. I'll see what I can do from the outside.' Franky gently nips at her pulse point before massaging it with her tongue. She hears Bridget's breath hitch and looks up into her lust filled eyes. "Feel like having dessert?" She asks with a smile.

They only make it as far as the dining table before Franky has Bridget moaning and gasping for breath. "Fuck Franky!" She yells as she digs her nails into the smooth skin of her back. Franky can only smile as she continues to lick and suck on the lovers' sensitive nub, while moving her fingers in and out of her slick folds. Franky can feel her own dampness spread across her boxers as her own body reacts to the sounds Bridget is making. She moves one of Bridget's legs over her shoulder, allowing her deeper access, and immediately feels her heel dig into her back. She slides her hand up her thigh and places it above her warmth, holding her hips gently against the table. Bridget squirms against her, trying her best to move her hips up with each thrust of Franky's fingers. Franky smiles to herself as she tightly latches onto her nub and attacks her with her tongue; all the while curling her fingers and driving deep into her lover. Overcome with the deep sensations of her lovers' fingers and tongue against her, Bridget can't help but to fall over the edge; seeing nothing but white as she slams her eyes shut and her body shakes against the table. Franky slows her movements, dragging out her orgasm as long as possible. She watches Bridget's body as it slowly comes down from its high, apart from the rapid rise and fall of her chest. As she begins to withdraw her fingers from within her lover, the gentle movement of her fingers against her sensitive nerves sends another jolt through the blonde's body, causing her hips to rise and warmth to spread into Franky's own pants. Franky gasps as the tingling sensation continues through her body and she collapses against Bridget's waist. Bridget looks down at Franky. "Did you just...? I didn't think that was possible." Franky catches her breath and smiles before gently kissing her way up to Bridget's lips. She looks into blue eyes as she feels arms wrap around her. "I've only read about it in psychology magazines." Bridget says while pulling her closer. "Whatever it was Gidge," Franky says before kissing her. "I'm definitely not complaining. Especially if it happens because of you." Bridget caresses the side of her face before bringing their lips together. Franky breaks the kiss and leans down to suck on a sensitive part of her neck. Bridget gasps, "Take me to bed baby. I owe you a round or two." Franky looks up into her blue eyes and smiles.

It doesn't take long before Bridget has Franky teetering on the edge. Franky lets out an inaudible moan as her fingers lace between the blonde locks between her legs. "I'm so fucking close Gidge!" Bridget smiles and then has a pang of regret as a thought enters her mind. She moves her fingers faster as she backs away to breath. Franky moves a hand to grasp sheets as Bridget looks up at her. "Who is the lawyer you're working with?" Bridget asks carefully. Franky gasps at the feeling building within her and glances down before dropping her head back on the pillow. "What?" She gasps again. Bridget frowns, mentally knowing she is using one of Franky's biggest weaknesses against her. "What lawyer are you working with?" She begins to curl her fingers, knowing it will bring Franky even closer to falling over the edge. "Fuck Gidge! It's Erica." She pants as she clenches around her lover's fingers. Bridget hears the name she feared it would be and stops all movement within Franky. She watches her chest rise and fall and regretfully removes her fingers and sits up on the bed. "Gidge?" Franky opens her eyes and looks at the tear-filled eyes of the love of her life. "Seriously?" Bridget feels a tear slide down her cheek and wipes it away before getting off the bed to gather her clothes and leave the brunette alone in the room. Franky, still gathering her thoughts from being left on the very edge of an orgasm, sits up and watches Bridget leave. "Fuck!" She mutters as she slams her fists into the bed.

An hour later, Franky finds Bridget sitting out back on the deck with an almost empty bottle of wine and a half empty glass next to her. "Can we talk about this?" Franky asks cautiously while sitting down on the lounge chair next to her. Bridget turns to her and frowns. "What is there to talk about?" Franky wrings her hands together. "That I had no clue Fessler was going to assign her the case and that nothing is going on..." "Just give it some time." Bridget interrupts. Franky slumps her shoulders and lets out a heavy sigh. "How long have you known she's been in town?" Franky looks up at her with shock. "I didn't. Not until I saw her at the wine store." Bridget nods, but her face shows her disbelief. "Gidge..." Franky begins as Bridget stands and picks up the bottle and wine glass. "I would like to sleep alone tonight. I don't care if you stay or leave." She looks into Franky's heartbroken eyes. "I'll leave some bedclothes in the spare room for you." With that, Bridget leaves Franky on the porch, tears streaming down her face, as she walks back into the house. She places the bottle and glass on the counter and lets out a heavy sob. Her heart aches at the thought of Franky getting back with Erica, even though she knows there is no proof that it has happened. She knows Franky was telling the truth of not knowing Erica was back in town. She has learned to read her body language well over the years, and she shows no signs of lying, but her mind keeps telling her otherwise. 'They all lied in the past. She will too.' That and the obvious guilt that consumed her the day Erica kissed her. Bridget is torn between her all-consuming love for the brunette and the history with her exes. She looks out the window and sees Franky still sitting on the lounge chair, head in her hands. She turns toward the counter, reaches for her phone and heads towards the bedroom. She opens the contact list and selects Vera's number.