Clair de Lune

"I believe in you guys! So please believe in yourself and... end this game!" Kaede shouted.

Those were Kaede Akamatsu's last words. Before...

Clamp!

A collar tightened around her neck and was pulling her away...

One hand holding onto the collar, another reaching out, desperate for the feet to land on ground, desperate to stop the fear which the collar meant to her.

Shuichi's hand responded, but alas, it was too late. She was dragged away. But she was not angry.

'You didn't do anything wrong, Saihara-kun... Everything was my fault, but... thanks, for being my friend.'

Kaede had committed her crime and now she was going to pay for it, without even fulfilling her wishes.

All she wanted was for everyone to get out of here.

How could she have failed so miserably?

But at the very least... there would be people who could follow her wish. Even if she sinned, the others would surely not repeat it, after they were about to witness the dire consequences themselves... and they will end this killing game.

Yes... end it, please... and be friends with everyone.

That was what she wanted, wished for and thought, when she rolled that shot put ball, when the time limit motive was at hand and everyone would be killed if she didn't do something...!

At least everyone was not going to be killed, but at the price of two lives.

Rantaro Amami's, an accidental kill when all she wanted was to off the mastermind, the wretched person who thought it  was fun to pit people in a disgusting killing game. ... She never meant to kill an innocent life. How could she have known...?

And herself, for killing an innocent life...

Kaede Akamatsu's Execution: Der Flohwalzer.

Plink.

Kaede lands onto a piano, an off tune sound blaring into her ears.

She saw Monokuma, in a suit as he held a conductor's baton high in the air amidst a Monokuma audience. Further ahead, she saw the terrified faces of her classmates, and then...

He lifted the baton.

Kaede could feel the collar tighten as it raised her up, her neck feeling tighter and then the baton was raised down.

Another off tune sound, the collar tightening.

Before she knew it, a song was playing, off tune, killing her ears. The audience booing, killing her pride as a pianist.

And the collar was getting ever tighter, cutting her supply of air, killing her.

'No more... no more...' Kaede pleaded, to Monokuma, to the Kubs, to anyone for the misery... the despair to stop, but her pleas went unheard.

Her face felt more blue, she was gaping as a fish... she was giving up... and then there was a pause... peaceful silence as Kaede's vision was getting blacker, her arms already weak and hanging limply besides her body.

No more off tuned music killing her ears, no more boos killing her pride.

But still the tightening of the noose, the last of her breath almost gone stealing her life, and as if denying her a final peace of thought...

Splat!

The piano closed, full of spikes on top of her, finishing the deadly play.

Pain, that was all she felt at the last moment. No peace after all. No merciful death. Just sharp pain as her body felt... spiked. But at least it was over. In silence, in darkness.