04

my love

*the next morning*
{ ryan's pov }
I slept in. leaving me only 10 minutes to get ready, but I could work with that.

everyone else had left already so I didn't have to worry about any interruptions.

I just couldn't get Calum's kiss out of my head. the way his lips felt and how it was so spontaneous.

my mind finally got back on track after i looked at the time, remembering that i was late. that's my last party i'm going to i think out loud with an eye roll.

my outfit today was practical. flowery dress with a jeans jacket and sneakers. I didn't care about my appearance anymore. and I was fed up with Ashton's comments about it.

While I got into my first lesson I quickly took my seat and got out my materials for that class. I focused on the entire lesson.

When it ended I went to go look for Calum, I needed to talk to him about what happened last night.

after walking out of the classroom i spotted him by the restrooms.

"Calum, there you are." I watched him closely as he turned around.

"Oh hey, rye." he gave me a smile while he went for a drink from his water bottle. It was good to see him drinking something other than alcohol.

"We should probably talk about last night." I got straight to the point. He looked confused.

"What are you talking about?" he didn't remember. Maybe that was for the better.

"Nevermind." i said finally. if he didn't want to get into it then i wouldn't push it. after all, he probably wasn't even in the right state of mind last night.

A moment later my phone vibrated and i looked to see that i had gotten a text from Ashton. I opened my phone to see what he said.

ashton: hey wanna get coffee later?
ryan: hm. sure, what time?
ashton: 2:30 sound good?
ryan: yep, see you then.

i wondered why he asked me to coffee. it was random. but our kiss was nothing, just a little measly kiss. and i don't have interest in him. and i'm guessing he doesn't have any interest in me as well.

2:30 came around and ashton came to pick me up. he eventually got his car fixed.

he played some rock music and put the windows down. a nice vibe car ride. i needed that.

"so why did you wanna go out for coffee again?" i asked while brushing my hair back out of my face. he turned to face me and smirked.

"well i could just tell you now and we don't have to go to coffee." he laughed. i was tired, coffee would help that.. even though i was eager for him to tell me what was up.

"i want coffee ash. keep driving." we both laughed and he kept driving. turning the music up louder while doing a little groovy dance. he looked very happy and like he didn't give a fuck. good for him.

we shortly arrived at the coffee place and we took a seat. the place was a whole vibe. it was filled with sparkling white string lights. authentic wooden walls and chairs. red and yellow booths by the walls. cool pictures of sports teams and bands. i loved it.

"now that we're here." he interrupts my observation of the tiny cafe.

"i met someone." my mouth drops. he really had to take me to a cafe to tell me this. could have just done it over text.