Chapter 3

The doorbell rang at exactly six am. Evelyn rushed down the stairs in a haste almost tripping as she missed her footing. She opened the door to see Julian standing on her porch, looking impeccable. Pressed suit, polished shoes, with curly hair glittering in the light. She drooled.

     ''Good morning.'' He said, flashing her a drool-worthy smile. As if she wasn't drooling already.

     ''Morning.'' She said, clearing her throat. ''I will just rush inside and grab my things..''

     ''I'll go with you.'' His eyes locked with hers and Evelyn thought she saw a teasing glint flash in them.

     ''Go with me......you want to grab my things?'' she repeated, her tone tinged with a bit of huskiness.

     ''Inside. I mean, It will be better if I wait inside.'' He clarified, chuckling a little and stepping into the house.

     ''Oh.'' Ofcourse.

     ''You seem uncomfortable.'' He said, walking towards her. She gulped.

''Uhmm... no..I'm good.'' She stammered, trying to keep her breathing steady. She was uncomfortable......very uncomfortable. She felt a shudder race through her body as he stepped closer to her.

     Julian stopped in front of her, close enough for her to feel his breath on her face. His proximity was a turture. He stood a good head taller than her and she had to tilt her head in order to look at him properly. If she stood on tiptoes and leaned forward just a little..

Her eyes. Damn, Julian thought. He let his gaze drop downwards, lingering on her lips before shifting his gaze to the base of her throat. He wanted to put his mouth there, he wanted to taste her skin. From there, he would slide his mouth down, towards the swell of her breasts that he knew his beneath the corporate top she wore. He saw her swallow and saw her lips part as if she was having trouble breathing. If only he could lean forward and cover those succulent lips with his hungry ones.

     "I will just grab my stuff." She whispered breathlessly, suddenly taking a step back and turning around to walk away. She disappeared behind a door just across from where he stood.

     Julian stood still for a moment, his breathing ragged. He couldn't remember being affected by a woman this way. If Evelyn hadn't stepped back when she did, he would have kissed her right then and there. And he still wanted to. And from kissing her, he thought of a lot of things he would have done to her. Damn.

     He walked into the living room with his hand in his pocket. He was standing, admiring the coziness of the apartment when she walked out with a folder tucked under her arm and her handbag slung over one shoulder. "I'm ready." She said, looking serious.

     "Wait, you are not going to show me around your apartment?" he asked, not wanting to leave just yet.

     "Uhmm.... there is nothing here really. Maybe I will show you...next time?" she said with a flushed cheek.

     "So, there will be a next time?" Julian teased and was suprised when she just walked out the door with an expression that screamed NO! He laughed and followed her outside.

     Twenty minutes later, they were seated at a boot in a small restaurant that Julian had picked. There wasn't any need for small talk during the ride, as Julian spent the whole time on the phone with a client. Evelyn looked through the menu and opted for the first thing she saw on it.

     After a hearty breakfast, Julian reviewed the details for their meeting. He signaled the waitress to fill their coffee mugs.

    "How long have you been in Nigeria?" He asked.