♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₇

Vote, Comment, Enjoy

- Early Friday Night -

Cairo "East" Brewster

Sitting out on the balcony, a blunt to my lips as I tried desperately to keep myself from lashing out. I couldn't even feel how cold it was due to my body being hot from this shit.

Niggas had me fucked up!

I didn't play when it came to our kids, no matter what age cause a muhfucka gon get handled regardless. But my oldest daughter was scared to tell me that some sucka raised up at her? Cause of how I'd react?

I didn't like that. Kai knows she can come to me about anything.

All in all, I probably would've been calm if Kairi told me. Mmm I'm lying.

Shit, I know my temper better than most, and would've spazzed out wanting to pop up on that nigga the moment Kai spoke on it; but that ain't how things went. Clearly.

Anahi calmed me down as best as she could, but nah that only lasted for so long before I punched a hole in the wall. I don't know how she expected me to be calm after hearing some news like that.

On top of that, I've been as nice as possible towards Julius for the past 2 years, because I didn't want to smother Kairi as she was in that relationship, figuring things out. I had to let her be at a distance, because she knew that I was always gon be there if she needed me.

That goes for all of the kids.

Scratching at the nape of my neck, I took another drag from the blunt, letting the smoke hit the back of my throat and released from my nose and mouth.

"Come inside before you get sick." My mama spoke, stepping out onto the balcony. Turning to look at her, she sighed, shaking her head. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, I'm good." I licked the corner of my lip, furrowing my brows as I turned back forward. "Can't let shit beat me down that I ain't got no control over." I grumbled.

"I hear you, baby. Just don't hold that anger in." She patted my shoulder before walking back into the house.

It's not that I was angry. I was passed that. Whether the nigga hit Kairi or not, he had to be seen.

That's my fucking daughter!

Tossing the roach into the ashtray, I roughly got up from the plastic chair and went back into the house. Keeping my silence as I walked through the kitchen, Talia with Nini as they were making some cookies, my mama sipping from her mug.

"What's wrong with daddy, mommy?" I heard Lia say as I crossed through the corridor of the kitchen and living room.

"Daddy just needs a moment to himself. He heard some bad news....."

I didn't bother to listen in anymore as I plopped down onto the couch, turning the tv on and settling on ESPN. Catch up on these sport highlights, and try not to think about how I'd end that niggas life.

I still needed to talk to Kairi and hear from her.

They talking about don't bring it up till days later, huh? Nah, got me fucked up. The moment she walks through that door, I'm bringing it up. Shit, it's after the party, so I'm playing by the rules.