♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₆

Vote, Comment, Enjoy

Anahi Brewster

"Mommy, can I talk to you?" I looked up to see Kairi leaning against the kitchen counter as she bit the corner of her lip, messing with one of her curls.

"You don't need to be nervous, pretty mamas." I scratched above my eyebrow. "You okay?"

She shook her head gently, and that had me alert. I never liked seeing our kids in any type of distress, because it made my heart heavy. I know Cairo and I have done our best raising our kids and paying attention to each of them and their emotions. But sometimes they never spoke on things, thinking they can handle it on their own. That's not okay.

On top of that, there was too much going on. KJ and Lala both got in school suspension for a week, due to the fight that happened on Monday. And from what Neli, Jada and Ava were telling me, their kids got the same punishment. I'm still tryna connect the dots of why my son was targeted; and the only reason it got bigger than what it was, was because them other boys jumped KJ and everyone else followed suit.

What did they expect?

I think people be forgetting where our kids stem off from, but hey let them find out the hard way.

"It's about the fight that happened on Saturday." Kairi started off. Mmm, it's now Thursday; but I knew there was more they weren't telling us. "The reason KJ and Julius fought was because Julius had raised his hand up at me after I had slapped him... what caused me to, was because he called me a bitch."

"Come here." I sighed, holding my arms out. When she came over, I embraced her into a hug, her head resting on my shoulder. "KaiKai, you're a smart young lady..you deserve better, baby. I only want what's best for you, and if that boy was willing to hit you with others around, he'd do it again when no one is." I rubbed her back gently. "You need to leave him."

"I know mama." She hiccuped, heaving in a breath. "And I don't wanna wait and find out...but leaving him might be hard, like I'd rather do it face to face than over the phone." Kairi pulled back, one of her arms folded over her chest as her hand held onto her elbow.

"If you want to do that, take someone with you. You know what, I'll go." I waved my hand, which had Kairi chuckle lowly. I was deadass, because everyone knew that I didn't play behind mine. "Are you gonna tell your daddy?" I perked a brow.

That's who she needed to be worried about.

"I will...eventually." She looked off to the side, blowing out a breath. "You know he be scary at times, and it'll be hard to get what I want across without him blowing up."

"I'll talk to him." I nodded slowly, lifting a shoulder. "But right now, focus on yourself baby. You have so much life ahead of you, and this boy ain't bout to dim your light."

"Thanks mama." Kairi smiled. "When you do tell daddy, can it be after the party?"

"Girl." I chuckled lowly, shaking my head. "Don't worry about that, okay?"

"Okay, okay. I know you got it handled." We both fell into laughter, because that's true. "You sure you don't want me to come in tomorrow?"

"Positive. Go shopping with your friends and enjoy your day off, because I know once school starts back up for you, you won't have many breaks." I pouted playfully, causing her to chuckle and nod. "What are your classes looking like anyways, baby?"