♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₁₃

Like, Comment, Enjoy

Alani Ivy Brewster
At Home - 5:44 PM

In the middle of doing my makeup, I kept it simple and natural; mascara, brows and lip gloss. Mama always said less is more, and I wasn't the type to be extra if I didn't need to be.

I was a little nervous for this date though, because I really haven't been on one that was as thought out as the one Dru planned. It was something different, but I was being optimistic.

And I was honestly ready to get out the house since last night was a little crazy. But, the talk me and mama had was needed.

Hearing a loud slap echo throughout the house. I dropped the book I was reading onto my bed and pushed myself off,  jogging towards the door to listen in on what was happening.

The voices were muffled, but I knew who the voices belonged to. Footsteps stomping up the stairs shortly after, I cracked the door open to see my mama.

"Stupid ass shit." I heard mama grumble as she walked passed my door. "Deep breath, Anahi...it's alright." She coached herself.

Biting the corner of my lip, I opened the door all the way and cleared my throat. "Mommy, you wanna talk?" I asked, leaning against the door.

She turned to look at me, tears welling at her eyes. I knew it was going to be emotional. Sucking up her tears, she walked passed me and into my room, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Did you know that, that little girl is tryna trap your brother?"

"She told me she was pregnant and thought KJ would be there for her when she sprung that news on him." I chewed the inside of my cheek, shaking my head.

I watched as she nodded, her brows furrowing.

"Hm." She hummed, folding her hands in front of her. That indicated that she was gathering her thoughts before she spoke. "I don't know that little girl, and I don't know her intentions...but she has to be seen, simple." She shrugged, her brows still furrowed before she relaxed her face. "You shouldn't have been put in the middle of that."

I shook my head gently, and explained to her what happened on Tuesday. Her expression stayed the same, only for a laugh to slip.

"Now she really has to be seen. I don't care what anyone says. They're both children, and as an adult her parents need to be talked to." She shook her head, waving her hand. "Enough about that, how do you feel about your date tomorrow?"

"I'm nervous mommy, but I feel safe around Dru...he's stopped me from doing more damage when I fought her, and he's always looked out without needing to."

"He complements you." She smiled, "You know, me and your dad's first date was at a skating rink. We lived in Miami at the time." I chuckled as her cheeks flushed, her eyes rolling playfully. "Your daddy and I were friends when we went there, but he knew I'd be his...the way he treated me, it was different than our other link ups, but he set the tone that night." She looked down at her lap, shaking her head a bit as a low chuckle parted her duo. "He had bitches who flocked to him, but he didn't care bout any of them as he kept his focus on me, making sure I was straight. The way he held me, I knew he was falling then..but we had a lot to figure out since it was new. We had plenty of trials in our path, but we got through it."

I smiled as she reminisced, my parents love story was my favorite. A true hood story. Two young adults tryna make it out and succeed to where they are now is beautiful.

"It's important to have a friend in your partner, whether that be Dru or another young man, you'll know who that person would be for you." She took hold of my hands, leaning forward and kissing the crown of my head. "Drop your nerves, baby. You're a wise young woman Lala, and have so much to learn. Just know, mommy and daddy are here to guide you and your siblings."