♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₉

Vote, Comment, Enjoy

Kairi Chanel Brewster

"For the spring showcase, lots of color and vibrant designs. We have two and a half months to prepare. I know you all will be concise as we've always executed well each semester." Professor Kaia Shepard spoke, roaming the room as she looked at all of us.

This lady didn't play when it came to our showcases, and being that we've had a page in a few of the fashion magazines, like Seventeen, InStyle, Teen Vogue, Essence, she took it seriously for us to top it each year.

I didn't blame her, we had a reputation to keep.

"As always, you all will be working in pairs at random. I have the list posted on the backboard, so check it before you leave."

Chuckling slightly, I scratched above my eyebrow. She was preparing us for what the fashion world was like, no one really got to pick who they collaborated with, you just prayed and hoped it was someone as driven as you were.

The fashion industry wasn't anything to play with! Everyone was trying to make their come up.

Shaking my head gently, as I closed my sketch book. Placing my items into my book bag neatly, before I went to check the board. I would wait because wasn't no reason to crowd that space.

Like how everybody else was.

When I saw that the crowd got smaller, I grabbed my stuff and walked over to see who I was partnered with.

Kairi B. and Jacqueline M.

Oh.

This was one of the girls that had a problem with me for whatever reason. I never knew what the problem was because I honestly just stayed in my lane, at all times. Bitches just found ways to dislike me, for whatever insecure reason they had with themselves.

Shaking my head, I walked out of the room and down the hall. My bag over my shoulder, as I held my phone in hand.

I had text notifications from Royalty and Devon, and a group chat with two of my siblings.

Guess which ones. KJ and Lani's fat asses. They was always asking for food to be dropped off.

Ignoring it for now, I went to the thread with Ro.

I missed my cousin, bestie boo. What was supposed to be a week, turned into two. Royalty was really upset from what uncle Cass had done, and I don't blame her.

Our father's were always gonna be overprotective, just because of the life they lived. But should we have to get treated like little kids? No.

I get it though, cause anything could've happened. If uncle Cass had a different approach, then maybe things would be different?

It is what it is, though.

Sighing, I exited out of our thread and replied back to Devon first letting him know we could link for lunch. I missed him too, as we've both been busy.

iMessage
RoRo 💃🏽💖
Cousinnnn 😩 I know, I know it's been MAD long, but I'm comin bacc home this weekend. I miss y'all, so so sooo much