Chapter 12: I'm Sorry, What?

OMFG IM SO DUMB I SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN THE PLOT TWIST DOWN BEFORE I TOOK A BREAK I FORGOT IT AND HAVE TO TRY TO REMEMBER IT LMAO I SWEAR IT WAS AMAZING AND I WAS SO PROUD IT REALLY DID EXIST.

Williamson Manor
Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
10:45 AM
Wednesday
February 8th

Ben's POV:
I woke up the next morning to a couple beams of sunlight peeking in through the gaps in the lavish curtains. I moved slightly and realized immediately that Erica wasn't next to me. I sat up with a start, scanning the ornate room for her. My eyebrows furrowed slightly as I listened quietly, trying to hear her. I heard a faint sound of running water and she walked in from the bathroom in a towel around her and a toothbrush in her hand.

"Thought I heard you wake up. Morning sleepyhead."

"Morning Kase."

Her eyes narrowed as she they searched my face.

"You okay Cars?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay. Just got a little worried when you weren't next to me. This may be a very expensive and fancy house but I'd still feel more comfortable back at ours. It was just a little weird waking up here, you know? New place, new people, everything is just so crazy"

"Awh, did you miss me?" She asked semi-playfully. "And I know what you mean. Little out of our element, you know? Away from home turf."

"Yeah, something like that."

We never used our real names during missions anywhere someone may be listening, and here would definitely qualify as one of those places.

"Come on though, you gotta get ready, we've been invited to brunch."

I took a quick shower and got dressed into some stylish but casual clothes pretty fast, knowing they were probably waiting.

As we headed down to breakfast and sat down, we saw both girls and my "twin brother." Even my "father" was there, all already seated.

"Hi everyone, sorry we're late." I said with a polite smile.

"None of that, we're just glad you were able to make it." Jeffrey said with a kind grin. "Now, who's hungry?"

There were some chuckles and in walked the servers. Big trays of covered food were brought in by the staff. My jaw dropped a little as they set everything down and removed the lids to display plate after plate of fancy and intricately made food, some of which I'd never even seen in the missions posing as the wealthiest and most elite.

My faux family chuckled a little at my reaction.

"Yeah, we have some of the best chefs in the world on our staff bro." Oliver said proudly with a big goofy grin.

"I can tell, wow. Kase and I will usually just heat up leftover pizza or make something quick like bagels before heading off to work." I laughed, and everyone else followed.

We all made small talk for a while, and when we were almost finished I told them all about how my life had been and the things that had happened to me, same things I'd told Jeffrey, but in far more detail and with personal little aspects to the stories to make them seem even more genuine.

When we'd finished eating, I started to get up and help with the dishes when Charlotte giggled a little.

"I- am I doing something wrong?"

"No, no not at all, I just find it funny how you're more of a gentleman than Ollie and he was raised here, in a fancy mansion and you weren't." She said with a playful nudge to Ollie who just rolled his eyes and smiled.