Chapter 10

England's POV:

I sat in an additional room, my personal chambers as Italy had explained, but it seemed more like a prison. Russia stood outside my door, guarding. The room was bland and empty aside from a single bed and chair.

The view out the window was nice, though. A well-kept courtyard was seen and on such a lovely day. There wasn't anything to do other than look out the window, which I lost interest in quickly. I wandered over to the door and opened it.

"Where do you think you are going?" Russia asked, blocking my path. I didn't notice when I first saw him, but the left side of his face was badly scarred.

"I was hoping to get some fresh air," I said as confidently as I could.

"Right, unfortunately I cannot let you out, but you can open the window in there," He sighed. I nodded and walked back into my room. I opened the window despite it not being able to open all the way, at least I got that fresh air I wanted.

I sat down on the chair, staring at the open door. I'm surprised Russia didn't close it. I thought to myself for a few moments, arguing whether Russia would like to chat. I saw what would happen.

"So, Russia. May I ask what events led up to that scarring on your face?" I asked. Russia was silent for a moment. I felt as if I might have offended him. But then he spoke.

"This is not a good place to be, trust me. If I could leave, I would leave. But I said nothing that doubts the rulership of this Empire, understand?" Russia said.

"Okay?" I responded.

"I see you two have talked, how nice." Canada in a menacing tone.

"Mr Canada, has Ukraine arrived safely?" Russia asked.

"Unfortunately, he is not entirely well. He appears to have no energy and can barely keep his eye open," Canada stated.

"That's horrible, I'm so sorry," I responded. I knew they were a thing and very close in their teen years.

"It is, and that is why I need you," Canada said.

"Me?"

"Yes you. With Switzerland still mentally recovering from... recent events, I need someone to be a medic and I know that you know your way around a first-aid kit," He explained.

"Okay, first, just because there is a red cross does not mean I'm a doctor and second, anyone with general knowledge 'knows their way around a first-aid kit'," I sighed.

"You meet my expectations, now, follow me. Russia you too can follow, Belarus is already there,".

Russia and I followed Canada to the place where Ukraine was. Canada opened the door and I could see Ukraine lying on the bed in the room's corner. He was barely alive; I didn't know what Canada wanted me to do. Russia walked over to where Belarus was standing. They looked worried.

Canada turned to me and motioned for Belarus and Russia to leave. They were reluctant seeing their brother in this condition, but left as instructed.

"Now, good luck," Canada said before leaving me alone in the room.

Australia's POV:

It wasn't the base we had arrived at, I couldn't show them the actual base right away. I entered the building and Ireland and North Ireland followed as well. It didn't take me long for me to show them around the necessary facilities.

I led them to the room they would share for the next few weeks and if things went to plan, they would be escorted to the major base. I let the two of them get comfortable, I had other things I needed to take care of anyway.

I walked down the hallway until I came across Japan's office. I knocked on the door and waited for her to let me in.

"Aus! You're back. How did it go?" She asked, giving me a big hug. I hugged her back and slumped down in her arms as I felt tired.

"It's been a busy day, but I got what I needed," I sighed.

"Was New Zealand there?"

"No, but his son was, if I wasn't so busy with the experiments I would have nuked him by now," I vented.

"It can't have been that bad, also, speaking of experiments, Korea needs to be fed," She smiled.

"Right, another job," I smiled tiredly. I pulled myself lazily out of Japan's embrace.

"It's just a little job and believe me, if I could have done it for you, I would. But they hate me," She joked. I turned around and started walking off.

"I love you," Japan called from behind me.

"Right back at ya," I responded before heading off to Korea's cell.

Like every time I walk down the halls, I consider the lack of ethics behind this experiment. The only thing that drives me to do this is revenge. Although I might have made a mistake with Korea, but I won't fail this time.

I came across the cell. The large bag of pellet-like food that kept Korea subdued was slumped beside the door of the cell. I picked up the heavy bag and opened the cell door. Korea sat huddled in the corner shaking and muttering to themselves. They looked up at me and went back to muttering.

Now, Korea was not a pretty sight. An ever-changing mess of melted flags and limbs. They were the result of a failed experiment which we were currently in the middle of adjusting and attempting to reverse, however to do that, they needed to get along or else.

"Are you feeling any better today? You said you felt ill yesterday," I asked, pouring the food into the bowl next to them.

"There is no way I'm eating that stuff again," They argued.

"It's all you get. If you only behaved the first time we wouldn't be going through this now, would we?" I replied.

"It wasn't my fault! North Korea didn't agree!" They shouted.

"Are you going to fight again, because the longer you behave like this the longer you are treated like a dog," I snapped.

"Everything hurts!" Korea complained.

"I can get Japan to give you so medication for that,"

"NO!"

"Then don't complain,".

I exited the cell, locking it behind me.

"What's in there?" North Ireland asked. He gave me a little fright, but really just made me angry.

"What are you doing out of your room?"