25

° ° °
. . . This is how the world works, you gotta leave before you get left. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 25 —————

CHAPTER 25
—————

I should have known Jaemin is not the type to go on normal dates– one more thing I liked about him.

I didn't have a reason to actually get ready for some special kind of date and it was easier for me. I could simply pull out a pair of leggings and a hoodie from my wardrobe and there was nothing more I needed. I walked to the enlightened mirror on my white wooden make up desk, even while looking as natural as possible I had to put just a little make up on, maybe a colourless lip balm and concealer.

A knock on the door caused me to look to my left, as if I could see who stood on the other side. For sure, it wasn't Jina, I had to answer "Come in!" so the person would enter. I rolled my eyes away and focused them back on the mirror and myself once the door swung opened and Mark walked in.

Not the person I wanted to meet the most. I sighed as a sign that I didn't want him there or anywhere near me for a while. Even if I didn't have the right to complain or feel the way I did, everytime I'd look at him I saw the scene where he was making out with the blonde girl and it annoyed me to the level that I unintentionally slammed the lip balm on the desk more angrily than I intended to, cursing silently under my breath because I startled my own self.

Mark, on the other hand, just chuckled at me while he walked further inside my room with slow steps, hands buried in the pockets of his black sweatpants as he leaned his body on the wall next to me. "Where are you going?" He spoke casually, with rather neutral voice except for the small visible amount of curiousity.

I ran my hand through my hair which looked somewhere between wavy and straight- my natural form. I didn't want to look at him, if anything I wanted to make him feel non existent and not important at all. I wasn't in a rush at all. If I left right away, I would have had to wait for Jaemin around half an hour or so. But I wanted to keep my conversation with Mark on minimum, so I hurried to take my phone from the nightstand next to my bed as I unplugged it from the charger. "A date." I answered with monotonous voice, sounding almost robotic in my own ears.

"Dressed like that?" His eyebrows jumped up questioningly when I straightened and faced him and I just nodded trying to show less expressions on my face and trying to focus on leaving faster instead of him.

"Yeah. What's wrong with how I am dressed?" I didn't even glance at my clothes to see what could be possibly wrong with my clothing while I waited for his answer without much interest in it.

A smirk curved his lips as he looked down at the grey hoodie on me and he let out a short chuckle, shaking his head left and right only once. "Nothing..." He mouthed and changed his posture, taking his hands out of his pockets and trying to make a step closer to me "Actually I was about to ask–"