40.

Fred spent almost every waking moment in Verena's room. It had been about 27 hours since she had fainted and there was no sign of her waking up.
Her hair was starting to morph back into shades of brown which was hopefully a good sign.

Astrid tried to stay with Fred and Verena but it didn't feel right. She barely knew the girl and it made her guilty because Astrid didn't feel much worry for her. Atleast not as much as Fred. She didn't feel horrible or a complete mess and it made her feel bad about herself.
So, she sat down on the sofa in front of the fire and thought about what she would say to Verena if, when, she wakes up.
The girl stared at the warm fire as the flames danced into shadows. Her mind then went to Noah and Dana. She hadn't had that chance to ask anyone where they were or if they were even alive. She also thought about writing to her mother.

George saw Astrid sitting alone of the sofa and thought that it was the perfect opportunity to talk to her. She had appeared in front of him two days ago and he hadn't even talked to her properly.
After talking to Molly, George realized that maybe it wasn't all worth it. He should've talked it out with Astrid sooner but better late than never, right?
He quietly went and sat down beside Astrid who was so deep in thought that she didn't notice him sit down.
"Astrid?" George placed a hand on her shoulder. The girl jumped at his touch.
"Oh, do you want to sit here? I can go" She said, hastily standing up.
George clutched her arm gently and pulled her down, "sit" he said, "I came here to talk to you."
Astrid felt nervous, maybe he was going to ask her to leave, maybe he was going to tell her that she had no place in his heart anymore or maybe he was going to tell her that he fell in love with someone else.
"I'm sorry," George took a pause and Astrid's heart leapt, "I have been distant and it was completely unfair of me to shut you down like that. You've probably been through hell and I should be supporting you instead of ignoring you." He shifted uncomfortably. "You mean the world to me and I was a mess without you-" He was rambling on and on and Astrid felt her heart flutter with every word.
"I love you, George" He was cut off by Astrid. He looked at the girl, his mouth gaping and then pulled her into an urgent and much needed kiss. It was as if he had been wanting to do this for his whole life, like he was hungry or rather starving for it.
Astrid was melting. Her whole body felt warm and fuzzy and she craved this touch for so long. She felt electricity run through her, a lightening striking and thunder rumbling inside her.
They both missed each other.

Fred was happy that Astrid and George had reconciled but his worry for Verena overcame it.
"What exactly are her powers?" Astrid asked, seated next to Fred.
"I'm not exactly sure. I know she can sense people's fears, make them see things and appernatly create weapons. There's a lot about her powers that she doesn't know herself" He said in a low voice as to not disturb the girl laying on the bed before them.
"My father told me that he wrote a book about this-"
"-Does it have explanations of all her powers in it? She has that book but I can't access it, it's locked away" Fred told and and Astrid's face fell.
"I have to help her. I want to help her but this is getting us nowhere. I've been looking for her since before Dumbledore's death and now when I finally find her, she almost died. And I feel like I should cry about it or something because she's my sister but I don't feel much grief because I barely know her. I also don't want to give up on her because after all, she is my sister"
"That's a lot of feelings for one person" George's eyes widened.
"I need some fresh air" Astrid stood up and left the room, her mind felt like it was about to explode.

She stood outside with a cigarette in her left hand, leaning on the fence of the back lawn as the wind moved her hair in all directions.

"Who's there!?" Astrid quickly hid the cigarette behind her back as she looked up to see Ginny standing at the door. "Astrid? what are you doing out her?" Ginny walked out towards her and Astrid cursed under her breath, "Are you smoking?"