?? chapter four ??

"please come back

"please come back. come back. come back. come back. come back." panda pleaded, as i took her hand and squeezed it. i had stayed at effy's last night and panda had come round in the morning. effy was still asleep upstairs.

"hi, i made tea." anthea said, as panda jumped a little and i nodded.

"that'd be lovely." i spoke, softly, as anthea nodded a little.

"sorry, i didn't mean to surprise you." she smiled, as panda shook her head.

"right. whizzer. effy's a bit out of it. she's beautiful. not like me." panda replied, holding the necklace thomas had given her, right before he had to leave for the congo.

"seems like someone likes you." anthea replied, gesturing to the necklace.

"my boyfriend gave it to me. i only knew him three days. thomas. now, he's gone." she sniffled, as i placed a kiss on the side of her head.

"but it was fun while it lasted, wasn't it?" i asked, as she nodded a little.

"yeah, it's called love." she smiled, as i nodded.

"yeah, panda, i know what love is." i chuckled, as she looked over.

"yeah, cos you're in love with jj, aren't you?" she asked, as i snorted.

"what, what's so funny?" anthea asked, laughing a little, as i tried catching my breath.

"no, it's just, jj's like a brother to me. he's definitely not my type. i'd break his heart." i replied, as anthea chuckled a little.

"yeah, that sounds about right. remember when you and effy were just little and tony used to flirt with you all the time?" anthea asked, as i gasped a little.

"yeah, i smacked him across the face." i remembered, as she grinned and shook her head, walking away.

"someone go wake up the 'sleeping beauty' and tell her we have something called breakfast in our country." anthea yelled, as i hopped up.

"on it!" i replied, trudging upstairs.

after effy reluctantly pulled herself out of bed, we all sat downstairs and ate breakfast, pandora going over the events of last night.

"after that, we had to get out mega speedily, so we climbed over some spiky fence, and then found ourselves in a field. didn't we guys?" she said, giddily, as i just nodded a little, shovelling cereal into my mouth.

"after that, did we go to the park to find the boys and then got chips or the other way round?" she asked, as i made a little gesture with my hands.

"other way round. chips first." i replied, as panda smiled and nodded a little.

"oh, yeah. super cool. the brown sauce soaks up all the red bulls. and then we went crazy, cause' cook pulled jj's pants and showed us his willy." panda laughed, as i tried not to chuckle along. just then she got a call and picked up her phone.