?? chapter eight ??

i heard a buzzing sound from next to me, as i looked down, realising it was only my phone

i heard a buzzing sound from next to me, as i looked down, realising it was only my phone. i flipped it open and found a text from katie.

'party tonight, meet at fred's at 8, camping xoxo'

'why the fuck not, cya soon xx'

i sighed and got up to pack a bag and tell my mum where i was going. by the time i had done all that, it was nearly seven thirty, so i decided to head down to freddie's house.

once i got there, everyone was standing outside, waiting on me. i waved and they all either smiled or waved back.

"right, that's everyone. let's get going." katie clapped, as i shook my head.

"no, cook still isn't here." i replied, as everyone shared a look.

"actually, cook's not invited." freddie said, as i just nodded a little.

"oh, right. well, come on then." i ushered, as everyone got into the car. there wasn't loads of room, so i was sat on naomi's lap.

"you sure this is the right way?" i asked, as freddie looked down at his map.

"that's what the map says." he replied, before turning it a little.

"oh, fucks sake, right, where do we go now?" i huffed, as he squinted down at it.

"oh, stupid piece of crap!" freddie growled, throwing the map down, as katie sighed, rubbing her forehead a little.

"we're just gonna have to ask someone for directions." she spoke, as i pointed over to a gas station.

"pull up here, we'll get some gas and ask someone in the shop for directions." i said, as effy pulled over and katie got out, wandering into the shop.

"naomes, do you think we're fucked yet?" i asked, as she shook her head.

"not yet, but we probably will be soon." she replied, as i laughed a little.

"right, i'm getting out for a smoke." i sighed, opening the door and wandering out, lighting a fag and sitting on the hood of the car.

effy then started talking to some men, who were giving her directions. one of them smiled and nodded over at me.

"hey, you kids wanna see something before you go?" he asked, as i shrugged.

"sure." i replied, as he walked over to his van and got out a gun. i stamped out my smoke and walked back over to the door, just in case.

he stood and aimed at a small target a little way away, but before he could pull the trigger, katie came running out of the shop, squealing, one of the men behind her.

"freddie! freddie!" she screamed, as the man shot and flinched, just missing. he walked up to her and she looked so terrified.

"you made me miss. i've never missed before." he said, as i walked over and grabbed katie, walking back over to the car.