?? chapter seven ??

i walked into the building, sitting down in the waiting room

i walked into the building, sitting down in the waiting room. i always come and get jj after he has appointments, because i know how angry some of the people here make him. i waved and smiled at the receptionist, who returned the gesture.

i flipped through a magazine, before the curly headed boy walked out of a room. he practically had steam coming out of his ears.

i got up and walked over, wrapping my arms around him, before using one to stroke his hair. i know hugging always calms jj down, so it's the first thing i do, before speaking to him.

once i let go, i grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers, as we walked out together.

"dare i ask how it went?" i spoke, as he let out an airy laugh.

"gave me new pills. they're supposed to calm me down." he replied, handing me the box, as i tried reading the labels on them, before giving them back to jj.

we walked up to a nice grassy hill that overlooked most of bristol. luckily, since it was quite early, nobody else was there.

"so, jj, just about how many drugs have they got you on now?" i asked as he grabbed his bag and stared poured it out onto the grass.

"that is a lot of drugs." i replied, picking up one of the little containers and reading it.

"ah, here's my vitamin c!" jj exclaimed, as i looked up at him.

"i do about twenty of these a day, since they're nice and fizzy." he grinned, as i chuckled a little.

"go on, try one." he urged, as i shrugged and took one out of his hand.

"you're supposed to dissolve them, but i think they've got a better kick this way." he explained, as i popped it into my mouth.

i let it dissolve and i nodded a little.

"yeah, they're not too bad." i smiled, before lying down and placing my head on jj's lap, looking up at the clouds.

"jj, how come you're so lovely? why can't all boys be as lovely as you?" i asked, as he shook his head, picking a flower out of the ground and playing with it.

"i'm unusual." he replied.

"so? aren't we all?" i asked, as he looked down at me.

"i'd give anything to be normal for a whole day." he sighed.

"if you were 'normal' for a day, what would you do?" i asked, as he gave it some thought, before replying.

"i'd lose my virginity first, several times. then have a choccy nut milkshake without going into shock. then i'd tell freddie and cook to stop fighting over effy before they hate each other, and not try to make me take sides." he started, as i picked out a flower myself, placing it behind jj's ear.

"so, cook's still drooling over effy, is he?" i asked, as jj looked down at me.

"afraid so, y/n dearest." he replied, before continuing.