Young Malfoys

June 5, 1980

Two babies were born that day, twins to be more precise, both porting small locks of platinum blond hair. The young master Draco was named after a constellation and his father, Lucius, with eyes that resembled silver.  While the young mistress Pandora was named after a moon and the Azalea flowers, with eyes that resembled mercury.

One cried when the other cried, and one stopped when the other did. Not even realizing the close connection they shared and just cuddling and drifting off to sleep.

Their parents watched them highly delighted for being the new members of the family and the continuity of their pure and valuable blood. Breaking the cold masks they both wore on a daily basis to direct a smile and loving looks to the twins.

.

.

.

.

Years passed and the twins are now 9. At some point while growing up, they realized that their special connection actually let them know what the other was thinking or feeling. Kind of like an undeveloped form of legilimency that only seemed to work between them for now.

They grew up to be respected members of society under the Malfoy name. Taking private lessons for different areas (with some extra potions lesson from her uncle Severus as she loved the subject) and learning how to behave as a high class gentleman and lady respectively. They grew up full of riches in an elegant manor, but they soon realized that all those riches and status lacked some love and care. For that, they turned to each other seeking what they were lacking from their parents or most of their so called friends, making them even closer.

They knew about the disgust and disdain almost all purebloods harbored for muggles and mudbloods, they were completely aware of that fact. The word 'mudblood' and other derogatory terms escaped Draco's mouth in several occacions, a bad habit that was easily learned when the people you surrounded yourself with used it as if it was nothing in an everyday conversation.

But Pandora was having none of that, she compared those words to other terrible insults she would never be caught using on a civilized conversation. Therefore, she realized at a young age that those views were not correct and were just plain rude. And if Pandora was not going to use such foul language, she was not going to let her big bro talk like that either.

As Draco loved and cared dearly for his princess, he started to listen and understand her point of view regarding those matters. Even though he really wanted to make father proud and put on a good face for the rest of their pureblooded acquaintances and friends, just seeing his princess' sad pout was enough to shut him up most of the times.

Draco was her older brother goddammit (even if it was just by a few minutes) so he was supposed to protect her and make her happy, not sad and upset. He was willing to change his bad habits, even if it was little by little. He will definitely need to work hard, as there were times he couldn't shut up fast enough before something came out of his mouth that would make her angry.

Now, there were things he really didn't mind doing as a big brother, and then there was dealing with boys. Boys.......that disgusting menace that would appear once in a while in the form of the sons of his father's friends and coworkers.

It's not like he really needed to protect her from things like bad relationships and jerks as they were still young. On top of that Pandora was perfectly capable of either beating someone up or coming up with some intelligent and soul crushing comeback towards those who did her wrong. She was just like mother in that aspect, both were able to stand up for themselves and still look elegant and beautiful while doing it. But it's just that he knew she deserved so much more than just having father present her to some pureblooded kids, in the hopes she'll become interested in one of them in the future, and he can then marry her off.