Hermione

Here's a mini-chapter! It will still be written in 3rd person, but I'm mostly going to follow Hermione here.

So that Hermione's and Pandora's friendship can be explained and it doesn't seem like it came out of nowhere

Thanks for reading.

September 1st, a newfound witch bid her muggle parents goodbye as she boarded the train that would take her to her new school and home, Hogwarts.

Hermione Granger loved the idea of learning magic and about the wizarding world in general. She will miss her parents so much but was completely ready to leave her old classmates from her hometown. She didn't get along with them, they would tease her and call her annoying as she was considered a teacher's pet. But honestly she just really appreciated rules and new knowledge.

She hoped she could make friends now. People who could appreciate her for who she was.

Inside the train, she met a boy named Neville Longbottom. He didn't talk much and would nervously look around a lot. It wasn't until he realized his toad, Trevor, was nowhere to be seen. So he shyly asked her if she could help him find it.

The bushy-haired girl decided to change into her robes first, even if they were still far away from the school. She went into the bathroom and once she was done she opened the door a bit too fast, almost hitting another person by accident.

It was a girl, probably a first-year too, with platinum blonde hair. She was actually really pretty and dressed nicely.

"Oh sorry, I didn't see you," Hermione apologized.

"It's ok, don't worry," The blonde said with a small smile.

"Have you seen a toad around here? A boy named Neville lost one. I'm Hermione by the way, I see you have your robes in hand, that's wise, a lot of the people here haven't changed yet. Honestly, some of them don't realize how important it is to be ready, that's why I've already read and gone through all of my school books, to be ready you know — Am I keeping you up? I'm sorry." She rambled super fast.

The Malfoy girl chuckled a little, amused by her demeanor "Well, I haven't seen a toad around here." she extended her hand "I'm Pandora, you don't have to be sorry at all. You seem a little anxious, are you ok?"

Hermione shakes it "Yeah, I'm fine, just nervous. I'm not good at interacting with people my age — I won't hold you for much longer in front of the bathroom" she smiled "But I hope I get to see you around, maybe we'll end up in the same house"

"Sure, see you later" Pandora waved as she entered the stall.

Hermione got a good first impression of Pandora, she was soft-spoken and didn't batter her for her rambling.....
.
.
"Gryffindor!" The brunette managed to get into the house of lions after almost 4 minutes of having the hat on her head.

A couple of people got called up until it was Pandora's turn. The hat took a long time to sort her, much like Hermione's case. And when the hat shouted 'Slytherin', the brunette had to admit she was a bit bummed. As she had hoped to be able to make at least one friend already.....
.
.
.
Hermione was lonely, she had no friends, and she felt like there were some people from her house that were not exactly fond of her. She told herself she was fine and that her studies were more important, but she couldn't help to want to make some friends, like other people her age.

She spent a lot of time in the library, studying or going through the different books there for some casual reading. This time, she got so immersed in a book that she almost forgot about dinner. So she hurriedly took all of her heavy books and left the library.