Halloween

Pandora couldn't believe it was almost the end of October.
She also couldn't believe how well she had hidden her two new friends from the rest of her snake pals. Draco had not said anything either (and she was highly grateful), as evidenced by the fact that their mother still sent weekly snacks and sweets for both of them.

She would study with Hermione sometimes and they were starting to get really close, Pandora even bought her some new books for her birthday.

And then there was her and Harry. They enjoyed each other's company and would often sneak to the lake to sit by the shore and talk about anything. They spent a lot of time together as Harry had a certain ability to find Pandora around the castle unexpectedly.

Draco, against his better judgment, would cover up for her. As both Daphne and Blaise were the first ones to notice her absence most of the time. And because he actually owed her after the dumb move he pulled several days prior—
.
Harry and Draco were having another one of their little fights during dinner and Draco decided to challenge him to a wizard's duel....for some reason. But Weasley had basically agreed for Harry, even if the poor boy had no idea what it was.

Draco was obviously not going to be there at their scheduled time and place, he just wanted to scare Harry. But if Pandora thought the golden boy and his red-headed friend were intelligent enough to see that...she was greatly mistaken—

Because she ran into them when she was leaving the kitchens at night.
Surprisingly even Hermione was there too.
.
Pandora had been working with Snape on a potion and fell asleep on his desk while he was grading papers — as they waited for it to cook — but neither noticed they've missed dinner. So with his permission, she headed towards the kitchens to get something to eat.

Thus, she was the ONLY Malfoy they saw that night.

Flashback:
Pandora thanked the elves and left the kitchens. They had all been extremely pleased to serve her and made a delicious dish for her.

Now satiated, she started walking back to the dungeons. She didn't make it far though, as she stumbled upon the three Gryffindors.

"What? Malfoy sent his little sister to fight for him? So brave of your brother." Ron said when he saw it was only her.

"Don't you have a go at my twin. I'm not here for that—and honestly, it's not my fault you were completely fooled, there's no actual duel." Harry and Hermione saw the shift in Pandora, from the sweet girl they both knew, to a sassy person that jumped to her brother's defense in a second.

Knowing how the Weasleys and Malfoys were not on the best terms, neither dared express their friendship with the blonde right at that moment.

"My brother is probably in the common room waiting for me; and you should have been staying in yours. Instead of agreeing to a duel for Potter and then not noticing it was fake. So if you excuse me..." Ron got red as he was singled out.

Pandora knew she shouldn't be going for Ron's neck, as he was still Harry's friend. But she knew Draco would do the same for her if he was in her shoes.

"Why do you care about what happens to him? You're a snake that will probably go and tell her chicken of a brother how he made us come all the way here in the middle of the night. And you're outside your common room at this hour too!"

"Ron!" Both Hermione and Harry stepped in not liking how he was talking to her.

"Ok Ron, stop, just let her go," Harry said trying to drag his friend back to where they came from.

"You need to stop barking and acting all tough Weasley because honestly, I was just passing through this hallw—"

"Oh no! It's Miss Norris, she might alert Filch!" Hermione interrupted.