TEN

the funeral was small, for only a few family members were present aside from the group of boys. only monochrome colors were present, as the autumn wind mixed with the sound resembling dry leaves being stepped onto. 

the group stood entrenched until the burial began, where soobin stepped up.

"taehyun," he calls, voice as small as a whisper. "this is for you."

he slid a deck of cards out of his hands, setting it beside the casket. 

yeonjun frowns, catching a glimpse of the cards.

the polaroids.

the ones soobin treasured dearly.

he furrows his brows, but kept quiet till the ceremony ended.

"you-" 

"the cards?" as if able to predict what he wanted to say, the black-haired boy interjects. "i don't need them anymore."

"why?" the yellow-haired boy tilts his head to the slide.

"maybe taehyun was right." soobin lifts his head up, looking at the bright blue sky. "it is the moment that matters, not the one that is captured."

"because, this is our sky."

"the memories that we shared, the sky contained them all."

he flashes a smile laced with sourness. 

stepping onto a small hill, soobin cups his hand around his mouth. 

"we love you too !"

the boys followed suit, as the teenage dreams and wishes filled the sky.

a gust of wind shot through the field abruptly, as if the brown-haired boy was casting his last farewell.

and that, was indeed the adventure of a lifetime.

-

the van moved from side to side as the vehicle moved in difficulty on the bumpy road.

"guys, look at this," soobin speaks up. "this is my only polaroid left."

people part, but memories never do

maybe, we'd meet under the streetlight five years later. 

-

epilogue soon !! thoughts?