Hypnotization

~Moray Towers~

This place doesn't seem scary at all...

[Do all stages look like that?]

"No... Most of them are underground with huge TV screens surrounding the place"

"Wow, seem like a nightmare"

Clover thought of it in a scary way, Ram looked around before Yael got a message from Marie.

"Alright, listen up..! do you see those beam of lights scattered all over the map? You need to break thier shield, inside you'll find small zapfishes. I want you to grab them. There are 8 in total, so 2 for each no more than that or else we will be confused...! I'll be helping you on this mission. I'll give you rules to follow too. First rule: Do not befriend with the octolings, they will try to kill. Second rule:don't touch the shield that protects the zapfishes, it will zap you."

"Seems easy enough"

I don't know about the mission a lot but seem like everyone got the basics. I just hope I won't die here... Maybe I should ask how many lives we have?

[Question how many lifes we have here?]

"3 for each, after we loses our lifes we go outside of the kettle. Any more questions?"

"Yes uh what are those things?"

Ram pointed on big octarians with scope for an eye. Yael answered simply.

"Those are Octosnipers. Once they get their target, they will shoot. But if you keep moving, they won't be able to hit you. Alright, last bits of information, the octolings here are known to have different weapons. Make sure you’re not in their target range, if you are, dodge their attacks. Either way, do not die."

We all nod for yes, and Yael smiled slightly. She was like a cinnamon roll. She than pointed forward and said.

"Let's go!"

The squad started painting the ground like if it was turf war. Yael aimed on the weird case and she got another cover of protections. Ram aimed downwards to the first zapfish. Virda and Clover aimed for the side. Virda used her inkbrush constantly which gave her more speed. Clover behind her in her octo form, swimming in the ink trail.

"Hey Virda go to enemy base I see few beams there."

[Alright!]

As I made my way, I notice less octoling aiming on me is it because of my look? Is it because I look like them? I stopped infront an enemy octoling and waved my hand infront of her she slapped my hand and speaked to me.

"Hey! Get back to position! Don't fail the DJs command!"

This's so weird. I looked at the beam of light with the zapfish in it. So close, yet so far. If I'm going to break the shield the Octoling will attack me. I have to splat them! And so I splatted the Octoling and grabbed the zap fish. It feels weird to splat someone looking alike you...

[I got one zapfish! I'm going to enemy base to take another!]

"This is Ram. I have 2 zapfishes I'm returning to base!"

"Great job everyone! I got 1 zapfish! What with you Clover?"

"I got two already, I'm at base"

Seems like Ram and Clover are filled with the rush of adrenaline to complete their mission. Virda made her way to the base of the Octolings where yet another Zapfish was protected by the weird, electric shield. One of the Octolings was looking at Virda constantly. If she managed to attack, then the Octolings would attack her and the same thing could happen if she touches the Zapfish’s electrical shield. She was about to walk away from the Zapfish to see if the Octolings would stop to look at her.  But of unfortunately, she managed to slip and fall into the electric field. She yelped and scream as the electricity current circulated within her body. The Octolings were confused, which caused them to mistakenly pull Virda out of the field as they saw her as one of their allies. Yael heard the scream that emitted from Virda, immediately making her way to help.

"VIRDA!"

The pain, it hurts! I feel.. so weird now.. Lucky my friends were around to help me, right? I open my eyes and looked at the octolings. Wait that's- ฬг๏กง-

Virda look around, her hypno shades flickers before turning on again, back glowing red as usual, but something was wrong. As Virda stood up, she felt emotionless, as if she was an empty shell. As Yael arrived, she splattered both of the Octolings that were beside Virda. Virda attacked Yael, splatting her.

"GAH!"

Yael spawns back at the spawn, Clover and Ram doesn't seem to understand or admire whatever was happening.

"What's going on?!”

"It's Virda, she under control. .Did this happen to you guys?”

"UNDER CONTROL!? WE HAVE TO STOP HER.”

Ram panicked there for a moment, Clover close Ram's mouth with her hand and thought for a moment. She briefly looked at Yael.

"There must be a way to get her out of this, right?"

"Yes, of course there's a way! We need to get those shades off of her and remind her who she really is!"

The duo were silent as they seem to be struggling to say something. Yael got nervous, but she understood what was happening.

"S-SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHO SHE IS?!?!"

"I found her, like in an alleyway. She didn't even recognize herself..!"

"This is bad... We must leave her!"

"What?! We can't do that!"

Clover shouted at Yael. Even though she was scared, Yael was deeply determined.

"S-She will attack everyone that doesn't look like her in Inkopolis Square! I-I'm sorry but your friend is. . . gone. We must abort the mission unless we find a way to return Virda back to her normal self, we can't do this mission anymore. If we splat her, that it’s all over! Let's go..”

Yael superjump back to Octo Canyon, Clover and Ram sigh following her. The octolings in the map lowered the weapons as their Hypnoshades signals them threat is gone one of the Octolings went to Virda.

"Hey, let's go"

[ЯIGHΓ]

Virdas Hypnoshades seem a bit glitchy But still works. the Octoling prepared a superjump and Virda after her turn to her octopus and superjump too. Seems like the while being under control Virda unlocked her Octoling superjump ability.

To be continued...

In the next chapter vidras hypnoshades are glitchy as you noticed please keep in mind that this will be the case for a while