Chapter 1

'The Holy Grail War....................right?'

*************************************

Sitting across from Lord El Melloi II, you were sipping hot coffee from your small white mug, watching the black haired male with caution flaring in your aqua blue eyes.

"Won't you reconsider?" He asked, picking up his mug and tilting it towards his face, his nose twitching as he sniffed at the black liquid before taking a sip.

"No. I will have no part in this barbaric..........ritual" you stated bluntly, then took another sip of the scalding beverage that sat between your palms. The slim man persisted "but, (y/n)-" you cut him off as you stared him down with your determination shining in your eyes "That's miss Tohsaka to you"

"I implore you, as the Tohsaka heir, you have to win this. We can't have the Grail falling into the wrong hands-" you scoffed, stopping him short as your brows furrowed in irritation.

"You seem to forget, El, that something similar happened during the previous Grail War...............to keep the Grail in safe hands, a Tohsaka was selected to win the war..........I believe you're aware......of what happened to that man"

The silence that followed, made you sigh "Rin is the Tohsaka heir, not me. If she decides to take part in this war, then it's fine.................after all, she inherited my father's- No, she inherited Tokiomi's magecraft and she can win the Grail with it"

The male's persistence captured you before, made you admire him, but now he was getting on your nerves as he tried once more "But you control it better than she does and your completed techniques : Gandr, Sïeben, strengthening magic and Jewel magic are all better than hers"

You were about to seize a chance to speak, but El Melloi simply continued "Aside from using all five elements perfectly, your mana isn't limited by your body and it flows extraordinarily because of how you draw it from nothing-"

At this, you lost your temper and stood, your chair scraping the floor as you slapped your palms onto the table that was placed between you and the tall man and said "That's because I honed my skills to perfection! I surpassed my limits! Over and over and over again! I-"

You bit your lip to stop yourself from saying anymore, realizing that you had lost composure and raised your voice. Both in public. You emptied your mug and sighed "Forget it, El, I'm not doing it" as you dropped payment on the table and walked out of the café, adjusting your aqua coat.

You walked a little ways from the cafe and found a phone booth, smiling, you walked in, shut the door and dialed your house phone number. It rang twice before it was picked "Hello?" Rin's voice said, you went straight to the point "Hey, Heiress. How are you doing?"

"(Y/N)-O nee-Sama!" She yelled excitedly, making you wince at her volume and hold the phone away from your ear, wanting to keep your them safe. "Hey! Don't deafen me! Also, have you summoned your familiar?" You asked, your voice going back to normal so that you could hear her.

"No, not yet, but I will, I'll do it tomorrow, 2 am sharp, when my mana peaks!" She answered. "That's very good. I'll be coming home tomorrow too, so make sure to clean my room up and get out of there" you said, making her voice take on a defensive tone "How would you know if I was in there, any way, O nee?"

"If I meet it the same way I left it, then you've been in there, and if I meet it turned upside down, you've definitely been in there" you said. She sighed "that doesn't make any sense..."

"Not now, or not to you, but soon, you'll understand... Just move out of there, okay?" You said.

"Yes, O nee" your younger sister replied "Also, lose the O nee, I'm not that much older than you, it's just five years, Rin" you stated in an exasperated tone "okay" she mumbled, causing an unsettling silence "................stay out of trouble and don't go picking fights till I get there, okay?" You instructed her.

"Okay..............I love you, (y/n)-O nee....." She mumbled, making you roll your eyes, your cheeks lightly tinged pink "yeah, love you too, kiddo" you said before hanging up.

You sighed and walked back into the café, to find El Melloi still sitting there, walking over to him you said "I can see you're still here, El............How many slots remain?" "Most likely two........" He replied, looking up at your standing figure hopefully.

"Which classes?" You asked, leaning forward to place your palms on the table "Archer and Saber, I presume..." He mumbled, making you sigh "Rin better get a knight of the round table" before standing up straight and turning around.

"(Y/n)-" "Follow me back to the Clocktower to pack" you cut him off as you began walking out of the café.

Unconsciously, El Melloi's eyes dropped to your black mini skirt, barely cut to mid thigh, your thigh high socks and when his eyes trailed down your legs that seemed unending, he sighed "Now, That is the Holy Grail" getting up to follow your much smaller self back to Clocktower.