Chapter One - The Drenched Hoodie

After five years that went by like one, it had still been years since Shoyo had been in touch with Tobio. He thought they would be so much closer by now, but he was wrong.

Shoyo strolls down his local street, wearing a slightly oversized black and orange hoodie, with his arms in the pockets. Whenever he wears it, he reminds himself of the good old days when he used to play volleyball with the team.

A few minutes go by, as he looks up before bumping into a slightly taller male.
"S-sorry!" The male says. His voice is strangely familiar.

Shoyo looks to the taller male's face. Of course, it couldn't have been anyone else.
"Kenma!" Shoyo yelled, wrapping his arms around Kenma's shoulders.
"It's been so long!"
"Yes, it has. How's Kageyama?"
"Oh, I don't know actually... we kind of fell out..."
"Sorry.. I didn't know." Kenma tries his hardest to comfort the taller male by reaching his arm up and patting his head.
"It's okay. I haven't really heard anything about him"

Kenma and Shoyo talked for a few minutes before another familiar voice came from behind Shoyo.
"Shoyo? Is that you?"
Shoyo looks behind him to see someone quickly walking towards him. After a second of processing the hair and face, he notices that the person is in fact Sugawara, who he also hasn't seen for a while.
"Shoyo.. we need to talk... alone..."
Sugawara's slightly happy eyes turn teary as he said the word 'alone.'
"Okay... Kenma, I'll be back soon. I think"

Sugawara takes Shoyo to a nearby road, that seems pretty quiet.
"Have you heard the news..?"
"News?" Shoyo gives a confused look to Suga.
"You haven't?!" Sugawara looked shocked at Shoyo. He sighs and tells Shoyo the news.
"Well the truth is... Kageyama... tried to commit suicide... and... it nearly worked..."
Shoyo's eyes tear up for a second before he fully blew out into tears.

So many thoughts run through Shoyo's mind, like 'Will he survive?' 'What drove him to do it?' 'Is he okay now?' He is well aware about the falling out, but suddenly feels really bad about what he had just been told. His thoughts get cut off by Sugawara.

"He wanted to say his final words to you.. but you weren't there for it. He wants to see you one last time before he goes... I forgot to say... his recovery probably won't go well..."
Shoyo's tears fall down his cheeks and drenches his hoodie, before reaching his arms out, wrapping them around Sugawara.
"Where is he? I need to see him!"
"He's in Fujiwara Hospital."
"B-but that's all the way on the other side of the country! I'll never get there in time!"
"Just try, Shoyo. I'm sure you will!"
By now, Sugawara's shirt is soaking wet with Shoyo's salty tears.

He suddenly gained the motivation he had years ago before he began playing volleyball to see Kageyama one last time.
"Okay! I'll do it! Bye Sugawara!"
And as suddenly as Sugawara came, Shoyo was gone, ready to begin his journey to find Tobio after the long absence.