Chapter 9 + 10 2.0 - Alternate Ending

They all enter the hospital at the same time and Sugawara registers them in at the front desk. "Tobio's room is A16."
The five thank the lady at the front desk and speed-walk (no running!) to the room they were told.

The five run up the stairs, Shoyo and Nishinoya at the front as Tsukishima goes his own pace at the back.
"Hurry up Tsukki!" Nishinoya yells.
"Don't call me that, and I'm coming as fast as I can."
"Sure you are."

Shoyo pushes the door open then looks for the sign, which should point to where Tobio's room is.
"This way!" Shoyo points in the direction they need to go, before forgetting about the rules and sprinting as fast as he can.

No one was in the way for him to run into, like his unfortunate bathroom breaks where he always runs into someone.

The last corner is turned until Tobio's room. All he needs now is the room number.
"A16. A16. A16." Shoyo repeats to himself.

A12.
Then A13.
Then A14.
Then A15.
Then A16.
A16!

After everyone had caught up to Shoyo, he pushes the door open and....

"KAGEYAMAAAA!"

The doctor stands beside Tobio, who is standing up smiling while looking over at Shoyo, holding his arms out waiting to hug him, to which he does and tears stream down both of their faces.

"I'm so sorry about what happened all those years ago..."
"I'm sorry too."
"It wasn't your fault boke."

"Actually, there's something I've been meaning to tell you.." Tobio says, reaching behind him.
"Oh? What's that?"

Tobio pulls out a small crow plushie with an smaller crown on its head.
"I love you. I always have. I feel terrible that I never said it to you."
"K-Kageyama.." Shoyo looks up to Tobio. "I do too."

"It's so.. beautiful!" Sugawara's eyes fill with tears.
"Get yourself together." Tsukishima stares over to Sugawara.

"So.. I wanted to give you this as an apology." Tobio holds out the plushie, waiting for Shoyo to take it, of which he does.
"R-really?"
"Yeah. Now let's hurry up and go! I've been waiting for all of you for too long!"

Everyone laughs with Tobio and they sign him out of the hospital, before leaving completely.
"It's been so long since I was last outside.."
"How long?" Shoyo asks.
"About three weeks..."
"I only heard about this like a week ago!"
"Really? Wow."
"I'm just happy you're still here!" Shoyo says, clinging back onto Tobio.
"Me too."

After they get to Shoyo's house, Tobio insists that he should go with him. The others wave goodbye to the two and they both sit in Shoyo's room.

Tobio turns to face Shoyo and holds his hands out, and Shoyo takes them.
"Look. I didn't say this in the hospital, but I'm really sorry about the fight. I felt like I was taken over by something.. I don't know what... And that's what drove me to try to commit suicide... I'll never forgive myself..."
"But I forgive you! That's what matters, right?"
"Yes... it is..."

Skip two years, and they're celebrating their anniversary together.

They live in their own house now, and own a tabby cat, named Theodore (my cat's name, rip Theo).

As they get ready for the night ahead of them, of which Tobio had prepared for Shoyo, Tobio grabs something that he was waiting to give Shoyo today.

"You ready?" Tobio checks on Shoyo, as he turns to face Tobio.
"Mhm! Where are we going?! I wanna know!"
"It's a surprise. Stop asking boke."