Chapter 10 - The End of the Road (All of the after-story)

Shoyo opens his front door, to immediately see his sister who runs towards him with her fluffy orange hair.
"Shoyooooooooo!" She hugs Shoyo around his waist.

He holds back his tears and shakily says
"I missed you Natsu."
"I missed you more!"
"No, I did!"
"No, I did!"

About a minute goes by and the two stop repeating themselves.
"So, how did it go?"

Shoyo freezes on the spot. All of his emotions flood back to him. Running through the hospital, hearing Tobio's flatline, the note, photo and plushie. It almost becomes too much for him to handle.

"Hello? You still in there?"

Tears fill up Shoyo's eyes before he runs into his room and starts bawling again, not saying anything to Natsu.

He squeezed the plushie tight, trying to ignore Tobio's voice going through his head, but was slowly filled up with the amounts of love that was put in when Tobio gave Shoyo his gifts.

The fact that neither Shoyo nor Tobio got to express their love in person doesn't make the situation any better for Shoyo.

As he reads the note again, he goes into a depression state. Curling up into a ball, occasionally looking at the framed photo and holding the plushie close to his heart. Yet again, tears stream down his face, completely soaking his face.

A knock on the door. Shoyo sniffs before saying
"Come in."

His door opens, revealing Tsukishima and Yamaguchi.
"Hey Shoyo, I heard what happened. Tsukki wanted to check up on you, even though it's only been about a day since he last saw you."
"Don't think about it like that! I do care, just... why did you put it that way?"
"I don't know."
"It's nice of you to come anyway."

Shoyo pats next to him, signalling the two to sit next to him, which they do.

"It must be hard on you, well, it's hard on all of us but... he really cared about you shrimp."
"I know... I wish I could've actually said goodbye... I WISH THAT FIGHT NEVER HAPPENED!"

Shoyo stands up and sprints out of his room, plushie in hand.

"Shoyo-" Yamaguchi goes to stand up but Tsukishima stops him.
"I'm sure he'll be back soon."
"Kageyama's funeral is in a few days... I wonder how Shoyo's going to cope with that."

Shoyo bursts open the door of his bathroom before shouting unintelligible words at himself in the mirror. The only thing the two can make out is:
"I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"
To which both Yamaguchi and Tsukishima quickly make their way over to Shoyo's bathroom.
"Oi shrimp, what did you just say?"

Shoyo looks up to Tsukishima with a half-angry, half-upset expression, before pushing him out of the way and running to his front door, the others following after him.

He runs out of the door, slamming it behind him and getting on his bike. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi run after him.
"Shoyo wait!"
"No! If Kageyama's dying, I'm dying with him damn it!"

Tears stream down Shoyo's face as he cycles around, finding the tallest building he can, with Tsukishima about one hundred metres away and Yamaguchi not too far behind him.

"Just leave me alone!"

Shoyo finds a 15 storey building. 'Perfect.' he thinks to himself.

He hops off his bike before finding his way up a ladder, with Tsukishima running faster towards him.

By the time Shoyo got up the ladder, Tsukishima was about forty or so metres away from it.

[TW: SU!C!DE!]

Shoyo's hair flows in the wind as he looks down to the plushie, each of his salty tears soaking it a tiny bit more.

As he looks over the edge of the building, a small crowd had been formed, yelling
"Don't do it!"
"You have so much to live for!"
"You're still young!"

Yamaguchi joins the crowd, looking up in tears at Shoyo, before yelling, with a voice crack
"SHOYO DON'T DO IT!"

"I'll be flying with you soon, Kageyama. It's the end of the road for us."
Shoyo sits on the edge as Tsukishima gets to the top of the ladder.
"LISTEN TO ME! DON'T DO IT."
"I'm sorry, everyone. But... I'M COMING KAGEYAMA!"
Shoyo goes to fall off, but Tsukishima grabs his shirt.
"No. You are not."
"LET GO!"
"NO! WHY SHOULD I?"
"I WANT TO BE WITH KAGEYAMA!"

Shoyo squirms around, eventually getting out of Tsukishima's grasp as he can't help but sit there, feeling guilty as ever.

A loud thump is heard on the ground. He's gone, and so is Tobio. Kenma, who just so happened to be in the crowd, despite his normally shy self, yells
"SHOYO!" before running over to him and checking his pulse.

The crowd gather around the two.
"Well?"
"He's.. he's gone." Kenma says, kneeling by Shoyo and looking up at every one.

Shoyo had never believed in the afterlife, until now. He stands up, out of his dead body, looking around.
"I-is this it?"
"Why did you do that boke?" A voice says from behind him.

Shoyo turns to look behind him, seeing Tobio.
"K-kageyama?!"
"Who else would it be?" Shoyo runs up to Tobio, going to give him a hug.
"You can't hug me here... unless we form a bond."
"W-well how do we do that?"

Tobio places his hands in Shoyo's, his fingertips touching his wrist.
"I love you. I always have. You can only form a bond with your soulmate, so here goes my shot."

Shoyo looks at Tobio in confusion.
"I found him. I found my lover."
Tobio puts his hands beside him.

"Is that it..?"
"Should be. Try now."

Shoyo jumps into Tobio's arms, being able to hug him now. He laughs before crying onto Kageyama's shoulder.

"Oi boke! Now that we're together, there's no need to cry. Stop, or you'll make me cry!"
"I'm sorry! I'm just really happy now." Shoyo says, as he sniffs, followed by Tobio.
"I love you damn it!"
"I love you more!"

A few days later, they changed Tobio's funeral to Tobio's and Shoyo's. It's what they both would've wanted.

The two watch over as everyone mourns over them, and does the same.
"I'm gonna miss everyone..."
"Me too... but at least we're together, at last."
Tobio reaches his hand out and Shoyo takes it.

The End ~

•~•
Author-Kun: HOLY GUACAMOLE THIS WAS VERY HARD TO WRITE! So, anyways, would anyone like an alternate ending where Tobio doesn't die and the two get married instead of attending their own funeral? I've been working on it for a while now and want to know if anyone actually wants me to publish it.