Chapter 3 - I'm Sorry (Day 1)

As Shoyo rides down his road, he comes around to the now desolate road that he left Kenma at. Kenma is still there, waiting for Shoyo to come back.

Shoyo pulls up by Kenma and before he can say anything, Shoyo says:
"I'm sorry, Kenma. Go home. Don't worry about me," to which Kenma replies with:
"Okay Shoyo. Just please be safe, and keep me updated."
"Will do!"

He begins to ride away as he looks behind him for a second, watching Kenma walk away.

Shoyo gets out his phone and portable charger at the end of the road (of which he packed earlier), and opens the Maps app. Typing in 'Fujiwara Hospital,' he finds out it will take him about 1 week and a few days to get there.

The time: 12PM - The Journey Officially begins.

Shoyo rides his bike through about a one mile stretch of beautiful, green rice fields, of which he decides to take a photo of.

After he took the photo, he decided to sit there for a minute, before realising how much of a rush he is in to reach Tobio, so he hops back onto his bike and continues going

"At least I have the memory to show him!" Shoyo says, as he leaves the beautiful stretch of rice fields.

The time: 12:30PM

Shoyo arrives at a small town, where he decides to organise himself quickly. In his basket, he puts in a bottle of water, a meat bun for him to eat later. His phone and portable charger were already in there for directions.

"Hey kid?" A voice says from almost directly behind him. Shoyo turns around to see the taller man.
"I-I'm not a kid! And what is it?"
"Your bag's open and this fell out." The man hans him a blue and black notepad that he brought, to document some of the journey.
"Oh, thank you!" He bowed to the man before putting it back in his bag and closing it, and before he knew it, he was back on the road, riding off until the next stop.

One thing he hadn't exactly thought about before he left was how he would sleep, or if he would sleep for that matter. He did bring a small cushion and a blanket, but planned no where to stay, as the news was so sudden, he didn't have time to think about it.

The time: 3PM

Shoyo reached a slightly bigger town, where he decides to get out his notebook and pen and write down a little of what he had previously seen.

He sits down on a nearby wooden bench in a park and leans his bike up against the side.

After about a minute or two of writing..
"Shoyo?"
He turns his head upward to see a male with yellow and black hair. It is none other than the New Iron Wall, Kogane.
"Kogane?! It's been so long!"
"Yeah! Hey, what's someone like you doing around here?"
"Oh, I'm actually not staying.. I'm doing a cross country trip."
"By yourself?"
"Yeah."
"May I ask why?"
"Um... it's Kageyama-"
"What about him?"
"He.. tried to.."
Before he can say anything else, Shoyo bursts out into tears again.
"Oh no, Shoyo! Is it something I said?"
"N-no.. it's fine... I really should be going."
Without any second thoughts, Shoyo gets back on his bike and tries to ride off.
"Shoyo, before you leave, have my phone number. You can tell me later."
Kogane hands Shoyo a piece of paper with his phone number on it.
"Thank you. I'll text later."
Shoyo says, before he rides back off into the horizon.

The time: 6PM

As it begins to get dark, Shoyo decided to make one more stop at a nearby town before stopping to rest for the night. He remembers that he received Kogane's phone number earlier, and said that he would text earlier, so he does.

_____________________________
From: Shoyo Hinata
RE: Kageyama

This is Shoyo. Do you still want to know what happened to Kageyama?

_______________________________
From: Kanji Koganegawa
RE: Kageyama

If it's not too much to ask. I don't want to worry you, so you don't have to.

_______________________________
From: Shoyo Hinata
RE: Kageyama

Well.. he tried to commit suicide. Apprarently it nearly worked, and his recovery probably won't succeed in letting him survive.

_______________________________
From: Kanji Koganegawa
RE: Kageyama

Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I thought you guys had fallen out again so- never mind. I said too much. I have to go now, but please keep me updated. Let me know how it goes.

_______________________________
From: Shoyo Hinata
RE: Kageyama

Will do! Bye! :)

_______________________________

Shoyo turns his phone off and puts it away. He figures he should sleep early so he can wake up as early.

He finds a small, quiet area to rest, and he lays his pillow down on the hard concrete. He rests his head on the pillow and lets his blanket flow over him.

Soon after, he drifts away to sleep, ready to get up super early the next morning to continue his cross-country journey to his final goodbye to Kageyama.