*6*

(This chapter is dedicated to  CouchPotato1111  because I enjoy seeing your replies to my comments. They make me happy, even if we are just internet strangers. You're also the first to vote on this so that to.)

Yamaguchi POV

We left the boat and started to swim back to our village. We were still in pretty shallow water. It wasn't that late so we decided to take our time getting back.

"Ok, so is no one going to talk about how that Tanaka guy was swooning over Ennoshita, and how Daichi is basically smitten with Suga?" Noya started.

Suga and Ennoshita blushed.

"Yeah, it was pretty funny." I added.

"Hey, wasn't Tsukishima whispering to you?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I didn't get the least bit flustered.

"It wasn't any flirting or anything?" Hinata asked.

"Nope! He just asked how many Humans I've drowned."

Everyone nodded.

"Wait, Noya. You've been awfully quiet about the guy you met. What was his name, Asahi?" Suga asked, raising his eyebrows.

Noya's smile faltered and he blushed.

"W-well..."

"You think he's cute Noya!? I ship it!!" Hinata yelled.

Suga rubbed his temples.

"Ya'll are going to be the death of me." He mumbled.

"Well, then it's going to be an enjoyable death!" Noya rebounded.

"Ennoshita, if I die are you willing to take over as group mom?" Suga asked.

Ennoshita looked conflicted for a moment before nodding.

"Good. Because i'm either going to get killed or kill myself. At this point it's whatever comes first."

"Ah Suga! Don't say that! We promise to be good!" Noya went to hug him.

"Hey what's that?

Hinata swam towards a metal hoop.

"Yeah, what is that?" Noya added, pulling away from the hug he was giving.

We all got closer and started to examine it.

Suddenly Suga's eyes went wide.

I felt something against my back pulling me upwards quickly. I heard Noya and Hinata let out a small scream.

I frantically looked around and saw Ennoshita doing the same.

"Ok, no one panic. It's going to be ok." I heard Suga say.

We were pulled out of the water. We were going to face certain doom.

~~~~~~~

Tsukishima POV

I woke with a start.

I looked over to my clock to see that it was a little after midnight.

I put on my glasses and got up, walking to the galley.

I don't know what was going on but something felt off. Like something important had been taken.

I sat at the counter thinking for a few minutes before Daichi walked in.

He jumped in surprise when he saw me.

"Oh, Tsukishima. What are you doing up?"

"I could ask the same about you."

Right then Tanaka came running into the room, followed by Kageyama. 

They looked surprised that we were awake.

"Well, now were just waiting for Asahi."

"And 3, 2, 1. Now." Kageyama snapped at the end.

Right as he snapped Asahi came running into the room. His hair was messed up like he was tossing and turning.

"Well, now that were all here, care to explain why? Tsukishima, you start."

"Well, I woke up suddenly. I felt weird, like something was missing. I came in here to think about it and then you all came in."

"The same thing happened to me." Daichi said.

Everyone else nodded. I assumed that happened to them as well.

"Well, we are on a boat in the middle of the ocean, so nothing big could have been stolen. Heck, we don't even know where we are. How could someone else? Unless they boarded the boat without us knowing, stole something and left." Asahi said, thinking out loud.

"Let's all check our rooms to see if anything is missing. Then check the rest of the boat." Daichi said.

We all nodded and set off.

~~~~~~~

After a half hour of checking, we reconvened in the galley and concluded that nothing was stolen or misplaced. So, what was missing?

"Wait, didn't Ennoshita said that the only reason that humans hadn't found their village is because they drowned everyone who tried?" Tanaka asked.

"Yeah, why?" Kageyama had a puzzled look on his face.

"What if their vocal chords were impaired or something and they couldn't sing? What would happen then?"

"Well, there would be mermaids in aquariums for one."

"Yeah, yeah but what if something happened to them while their vocal chords were impaired?"

"Well, then something bad would happen." 

"Well, I might have something valuable to add to this conversation." I said, pushing up my glasses.

"Well, you have the floor."

"Even before we were put under that spell thing I had met Yamaguchi. He got caught in one of my nets and he looked pretty scared. He later went on the say that 'most humans would have killed him right then and there.' Like getting caught in a net was certain death."

"Could they have gotten caught in a net of some sort? Most people aren't as nice as us." Asahi replied.

"I swear if someone did something to my Ennoshita..." Tanaka growled.

"My?" Kageyama snickered.

Tanaka then realized what he had said and blushed.

"Should we try and check on them in the morning? Like go the Siren's perch and wait for them?" Daichi asked.

We all agreed and tried to go back to sleep.

Long after everyone had fallen back asleep I was still up.

What if something really bad happened?  Like they got caught in a net? I know everyone else is smitten with the mer's they met, heck, I am to. What if today was the last time we will ever see them?

What happened to Yamaguchi?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C L I F F H A N G E R

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THAT KIDS SHOW WITH THE THREE BIRDS???? ONE OF THEM WAS BLUE FAT AND HAD A HAT, ONE WAS SMOL AND YELLOW AND THE OTHER ONE WAS RED AND I WANT TO REMEMBER WHAT THAT WAS SO I CAN GO BACK AND WATCH IT HELP ME PEOPLE OF WATTPAD.

Also, as I am writing this I hit 15 followers!! Thank you to everyone who follows me and reads my stories!! Ily all!

Have a nice day/night!

~Claire 💖💖