[ Morning Sky]

I say the morning sky is so rushed, in so many ways it hurts my head, bumps it with so many corners rather than clouds that it keeps ringing a silent noise /like heart palpitations / but more void of pain, and you say the sky misses its nightly starry warmth and shine that it keeps ringing /telling that the sky is not happy with the morning just as you are not / and after all you have always loved the sunset more than the sunrise / and I laugh because the sunset is warm / even in the hot summer of karachi, it's warm, safe not the city, rather the familiarity.
Of knowing the sky of knowing how today it was the same orange shade that I love so much but tomorrow it might even be the violet hues that I always stare at a little longer than twenty seconds / time moves faster in this city /as if it's rushing through life through sunsets, I see unfamiliar people outside my window and yet I see nothing because unknown faces. unfamiliar faces are not really safe enough. To the way back home I know three routes that lead to where I am/live/but rather I remember only one. for its easy. for I know the roads are a bit greener on this side. for this is what I've always been familiar with /it's longer /it takes 15 minutes extra to come back /but it's familiar like the sky.
and you're saying you keep putting sky in everything and I say it's familiar like how I remember the minutes I take breathes in. And you laugh and oh goodness am I remembering the sky again