[To My Eternal Love]

What if we went to the sea and the waves welcomed us  with such warmth that we forget it's water and its supposed to be chilled around this time. And what if we wrote letters and kept them in the top corner drawer that I always forget to look through so I won't have to send those letters to their rightful owners. What if I wrote poems instead of what I feel? Just so that I could explain this feeling with glamorous jars filled with night sky, the stars and the moon instead of sad and dark melancholy because it's boring and tragic and oh so hard to write about. Because the last time I wrote about heartache in a pretty jar surrounded by fireflies everyone laughed and cooed over my words because they're oh so precious. But also the last time I wrote about being sad in the quiet night. Everyone envied my words, called them previliged because I had words to explain what I felt. But the last time I wrote about you, I forgot the air I breathed in. I opened my arms and embraced it, you I mean. Because darling the last time I wrote about stars and the moon and my heart and the ache it carries around, your embrace whispered words of patience and of love to me. So I closed my eyes and willed my hands to write about love rather than hurt so here I am with a poem started as a mouth full of loud cries turning into a heart singing a lullaby to its lover. The lover you and the heart, my words.