Chapter Twenty-Six: Damn Host Club

Would you like to come to dinner? – on the surface, it seemed like a simple question; but things were never simple apparently when it came to this damn Host Club. I cursed in frustration as I used one hand ensure my hair cream was distributed evenly. This whole damn thing was made so much harder with my stupid wrist and stupid cast.

I blew a sharp breath out through my teeth and glared at myself in the mirror. It didn't look too bad, if you like the dragged through a hedge backwards look. Oh whatever, I thought to myself, forcing myself to walk away.

I still hadn't got dressed.

My bag for the night was packed with all the things I would need to spend the evening with Takashi after this dinner with – well, Tamaki had arranged it so who knows what was planned. My stomach did a flip at the thought that I'd be spending the night with Takashi though and I couldn't stop the smile that crept onto my face. The fact that Takashi would be here in ten minutes kicked that flip up a notch.

Inspiration struck, I knew exactly what I wanted to wear. I hadn't actually seen Takashi since I broke my wrist but we'd spoken daily by text and the occasional phone call. One text session got a little heated, so to speak, and Takashi let slip that he liked one of my particular assets. I'd been curious about women he had been interested in before and what sort of things appealed to him. He informed me that there had been a few other women in various shapes and sizes; there didn't seem to be a through line particularly. So I asked about celebrity crushes and tried to find a common thread there; which I definitely picked up on.

I grinned in triumph as I found an old teal Bardot top that clung to my top and showed off my shoulders. The top hit my natural waist, perfectly meeting my high waisted, wide leg black trousers. I loved these trousers; they cupped my rear fabulously, made my waist look tiny and my legs go on forever. I paired the ensemble with a black lace choker and deep burgundy ankle boots with a heel.

"And look, now the hair looks great," I grumbled into my full-length mirror as I inspected my reflection. It was a bit 80's but I was actually kind of feeling the look. With a last grin at myself, I sprayed perfume, tossed that into my overnight bag and made my way downstairs to wait for Takashi.

His car was already waiting for me when I stepped outside and I saw him lift his hand in greeting before I slipped into the car. He grinned at me while I turned to place my overnight bag in the back of the car. Before I could even say 'Hi' his lips were on mine. I moaned on a sigh as one of his strong hands tangled in my hair at the nape of my neck and the kiss deepened. When he pulled back slowly, I followed him, stealing another breath of a kiss that had his hand tightening against my neck. I leaned back with a breathy chuckle, my heart racing against my ribcage.

"You always smell so good," he mumbled against my throat causing a delicious shiver to run through me. I wasn't sure if the shiver was due to his words, his voice or his proximity but I had a feeling it was all of the above.

"I'm glad you like it, it's expensive, but it's my favourite." My breath was starting to come back to me now.

"I'll buy you a bath full of it." He grinned as he pulled away, his hand caressing the pulse in my neck before it dropped and he moved to sit upright in his seat.

"Have I told you that I really like it when you pick me up?" I chuckled as I straightened up in my own seat and checked my makeup in my compact mirror.

"I've missed you," he said, echoing his words from two weeks ago, and squeezed my thigh before starting up the car and driving away.

"I missed you too," I grinned, "I hope you like my outfit tonight, by the way. I picked it especially for you." I added with a smirk. I saw him tense next to me and his gaze flicked to me then back to the road. I took a moment to appreciate his collared shirt, unbuttoned to show his neck, the perfectly tailoured tuxedo style jacket over the top with a flash of red as a pocket square. I liked having the time to check him out while he was focussed on the road, it was harder for him to distract me.