𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖳𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

Chapter Twenty Three,
Knots Untie

Chapter Twenty Three, Knots Untie

CHLOE WAS AWAKENED by voices coming from outside their room. It was five in the morning, and she had no idea what was happening.

"Alli," she whispered to her sleeping sister as she slowly grabbed her gun from the nightstand.

"What's happening?"

"There's someone out there."

With both their guns raised, they cautiously opened the door to find Paul and Carl standing just outside their room, Carl pointing a gun at him.

"What the hell are you doing in our house?" Chloe asked, pointing her gun at him too.

"Who the hell is this?" Alli asked.

"Chloe? Alli? What's-" Adam said, but paused at the sight of Paul. "Raise your hands and turn around slowly, now!"

"Adam, it's okay," Chloe said.

Daryl, Abraham, Glenn, Maggie, and Merle soon entered their house too, pointing their guns at the guy from downstairs.

"What the hell?" Tom spoke as he emerged from his room, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Carl, hey, um..." Rick finally appeared, fixing his trousers, Michonne behind him.

" Rick finally appeared, fixing his trousers, Michonne behind him

Wait they're together?

"It's... it's okay," Michonne said, motioning for the others to lower their guns.

"You said we should talk," Rick told the man. "So let's talk."

"Move!" Adam said, leading him downstairs, where they all gathered around the table that he and Rick sat around.

"So, how did you get out?" Rick asked.

"One guard can't cover two exits or third-floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" Paul asked.