𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖮𝗇𝖾

Chapter Forty One,
The Kingdom

Chapter Forty One,The Kingdom

"It's called the Kingdom?" Rick inquired of Jesus.

"Yeah, I didn't name it," Jesus replied.

"How much farther?"

"Well, technically, we're already here. I mean, we're always here, but here we are -- at the Kingdom. Well, its outer edge."

"Hey, what the hell we waitin' on?" Daryl impatiently interjected.

"Waiting for them," Jesus stated, pointing at two men on their horses riding towards the group.

"Waiting for them," Jesus said, pointing at two men on their horses riding towards the group.

"Who dares to trespass on the sovereign land of the--" One of them began but stopped abruptly upon seeing Jesus with the group. "Oh, shoot. Jesus, is that you?"

"Hi, Richard," Jesus greeted. "Nice to see you."

"It's good to see you, too. Your friends, who are they?"

"This is Rick Grimes. He's the leader of a like-minded community. These are some of his people. We would like to request an audience with King Ezekiel."

"Get out of the car," Richard ordered. "You say they're a... like-minded community. Like-minded how?"

"We live, we trade, we fight the dead," Jesus explained. "Sometimes others."

Richard seemed to consider what Jesus said before speaking again. "Line up."

"Okay," Rick agreed.

"This is a waste of time," Daryl declared. "Come on. Let's go."

"Maybe you're right," the man called Richard concurred. "The King is a busy man. And it's a dangerous world. We don't usually allow a pack of strangers to waltz through our door."

"We want to make the world less dangerous, and we are all here to show the King how serious we are about that," Michonne assured him.

"The car stays outside. You gotta hand over your guns."

"We only have two," Rick mentioned as he and Adam handed over their guns.

"Okay, follow me."

The King, King Ezekiel sat on what looked to be a throne. The group stood there frozen at the sight of the tiger beside him. "Jesus! It pleases me to see you, old friend," he said.

"It pleases him, indeed!" The man beside him said, causing the king to glance his way.

"Jerry!" He acknowledged him before turning back to the group. "Tell me, what news do you bring good King Ezekiel? Are these new allies you've brought me?"