Prologue (3rd Person)

Deep in the woods of Minnesota, there were things unexplainable going on, things everybody pretended not to know about. Things were easy to forget about when nobody wants to talk about it, at least when you weren't involved.

Kara Washington had just turned 16, she had just gotten her license, and car. She had also just inherited a disease. She could never get help for the disease because doctors wouldn't even know where to begin with her. You see, her symptoms are; itching across the entire body, she can smell everything, when she get hungry the hunger grips on to her like its life or death, and she is always hungry, and the thirst! If she couldn't drink she felt as if a tire iron were shoved down her throat. Yes Kara Washington was a werewolf. She was also vampire.

 Her mother and father had met in the city. Neither knew of the others personal background until long after they got the news that they were expecting twins. Kara and Kyle. They'd found out one fateful night when the war against Vampire and Werewolf kind began, Kara's parents both showed up representing their own family, no matter the consequences. But when they saw each other in the enemies line up, they knew they couldn't do it. So they did what they knew they hard to; Kara's parents had outed themselves to the rest of the world, and that had deadly circumstances. It's not like they were in love, but they did have children together, and their children meant the world to them both. In the end they had chosen to run away from Transylvania, and into Minnesota with their young children. But Minnesota was not as innocent as they would have liked to think. Inside the boarder lines of Minnesota there lay beasts that slay openly, willingly, and brutally. Demons that walk the nights, waiting for their prey. They had to keep their children hidden, and off the radar. They changed their original last names Silivasi and Petri to one, Washington. On the eve of the twins 5th birthday their parents decided, with the help of witchcraft, their children could attend school so they could achieve normal lives.

Kara and Kyle never had any clue that they were anything but human. They always had pleasure in saying they were exotic, but they never knew that they were inhumanly exotic. All the children knew was that they were born and raised, until they were 3 (though they never said that), in Romania. The thought that they were human for years. 

And then Kyle turned 13. He had gotten thirsty. He was with Kara's best friend Lynn, trying to turn her into his girl, when he got hungry. He could smell her blood, hear it rushing through her veins. He could hear her heart beating faster as he grazed her neck. Then he bit, and he didn't stop. She never even got the chance to scream before Kyle's father, Harding, appeared and snapped her neck. Lynn's body had to be disposed of, and their story had to be fool proof. Harding spent the whole evening compelling the town folk that Lynn had been here, and there all day so they'd never be suspects. Kara had seen the whole thing, and she never once thought her brother wrong. 

She was pissed though, she hated her parents for so long, because of them her brother couldn't resist temptation, because he wasn't prepared, because of them she lost her best friend. She shut them out for a whole year before logic struck her, she still hadn't changed into anything yet, so she could get trained. It wasn't hard for her parents to decide to help her, they were happy that they had their baby girl back.

By the time Kara had turned at 15,  she had been prepared for her to go either way. He brother had taken her fathers genes, the vampire, so she was expected to turn wolf. She still trained for both because there was no guarantee that she would turn wolf. But she did, her body began to itch, and her nails grew long, but she didn't mind that part, and she grew fur. Thick brunette locks covered her entire body, but only for the first time, they don't return after that. She had a hunger for blood, and she decide she'd get revenge on her brother, even though she wasn't bitter.