vi

Guess who updated earlier than expected? lol

Vote | Comment

A week passed by and and surprisingly as I enter the hallway packed with chattering people, neither of them even spared a second to glance at me, even glare.

I was shocked as well as Elisse who joined me walking straight to the lockers. "What happened to them?" she asked in a hushed tone.

That question is beyond my knowledge to answer her instead I shook my head and muttered: "I dont know either."

"This feels better though its creeping me out why people acting strange today. It is a good thing your not the talk of the town as of now," she chuckled, bumping my hips along the process.

I agree with her.

I definitely need a break and this moment is perfect.

Now I should take advantage of my situation to live my life as a normal high school student even if I cant guarantee when will the people's strange behavior will wore off.

Soon the bell rang and thats our cue to part ways with my bestfriend. Elisse taking the path to the right and me on the opposite side where at the far corner of the corridor, my homeroom is located. And it is English class today.

I almost jumped all the way to Mars after opening the front door to the room. Everything was a mess inside the room, papers flying down the air to the shiny floor and the laughter of all of my classmates drumming in my ears. I darted my gaze to the front table but I cant see Mrs. Lopéz with his usual pink-matted lips.

Head bent low, I tried to surf my way at the backside of the room without getting their threatening attention at me and fortunately I did.

After taking the empty armchair and plumped my book bag aside the front door open up only to reveal an angered version of my English teacher.

"And what's the commotion all about?" she asked, one of her venomous eye brows raising in a horrifying angle. I brace myself for I know what's coming.

"Kyles and company! How many times should I tell you-" and she continued until her features turn abominable red, nose in steam. It is in this moment that I knew they fucked up, I mean yes they are all fucked up teenagers walking in this school but they shouldn't have messed with Mrs. Lopéz. She's scary when provoked.

She yelled at us continuously for almost 10 minutes until she made us all stand. "All of you go to coach Hudson. Kids like you should learn a lesson. Off to the gym!" she ordered which earned a room of groans. In order to avoid traffic going out the room I decided to go out after the swarm of students. The moment I was going to head out Mrs. Lopéz called me back.

"I need something from you Blake."

I looked at her and fixed my glasses. "Anything Mrs. Lopéz." a smile crept on her face and started.

"Your member of the drama club, right?" I nodded in confirmation. "I badly need your help. The play, I already got students to perform the annual play this year and all was great but," her eyes fall down in dismay.

"One of the supposed student who will mentor the actors is transferring to other school. And I'm lacking one head now."

"You want me to take the place?" I was asking the obvious.

She nodded in response. "As a part of the club I will be much pleased if you take it and dont worry the student who you will mentoring with is good, very good." I hummed. Okay, this might be new, conversing with another student I haven't know yet made me shiver.

"Great. When will I see her?" she was flipping some papers in her brown envelope and released a minimal amount of paper stapled.

"Him. After this you can go to the auditorium and meet him there. I reckon he's already waiting for you." So a boy, huh?

Must not that hard to mentor a guy doing drama, right? Mrs. Lopéz said he is very good at it and I can't question my teachers ability to observe someone. So yeah, I'll be mentoring a guy.

I dismissed myself as Mrs. Lopéz took the seat.

I hope this mentoring thing won't turn out bad.

-

The walk to the auditorium is somewhat boring. I unusually missed the busy corridors whenever I walk down here during lunch and after-school. Good thing I came across a vending machine with snacks and drinks to fill my empty stomach.

Soon after I got my snacks, I headed to the auditorium. Along the way, I cant help but talk to myself. "What if he is like everyone?" That would be super duper awkward of thats the case. Most of the population of Laungston High don't like me. I only took refuge in my friends and whenever there is meeting for the drama club members. But even in the club some people don't like me so the idea of mentoring another student is scary for me.

At last, I reached the door that leads inside the auditorium. Before I turn the knob open I hive a deep sigh and muttering encouragiing words that all will be alright.

"Let's hope that he's also a nerd ." Along my closed eyes and fingers crossed, I wished last minute and entered the wide room.

I was welcomed by the rows of chairs down the stage. I walked the rest of the path until I settled myself atop the stage. I set aside my snacks and tried to get up.

"Hello? Anybody here?" I screamed. Once again I only got a wind swishing as a reply.

Where is the guy I should mentor just now? Mrs. Lopéz said he must be right here for minutes but it seems like I'm the only one in here.

Better sit again than to stand all the time maybe the guy take care of some important things. Yeah, that must be it. And besides I am excused all day.

I was halfway jumping up to sit back on the stage when someone suddenly speak that made me froze.

"What are you doing here?"

Any idea who 'someone' is?

See you in the next one <3