viii

Vote | Comment

Third person point of view (for better experience i guess)

It was the treehouse in the center of a clearing.

The pale boy started trudging the grassy land, his raven hair falling on his forehead.

His eyes gleamed at the sight of the treehouse he hasn't come to 3 years ago. He felt happy, and nostalgic.

The tip of his black jeans brushing the green grass below as he hovered both his hands on the tall ones. He smiled at the memory of him running in the clearing when he was at his freshman year.

He would sneak in the place just to escape the unfamiliarity of high school and just run like a 7 year old kid. His smile got even wider as he started climbing up the ladder to the treehouse. Surprised that it is still strong despite the timeline it endured.

Blake doesn't feel the pain in his chest anymore.

Now the smile seemed to reminiscent everything that happened inside the treehouse and he felt contented.

"My safe place." he mumbled. Still can't believe after 3 long years the treehouse would still stand firm just like the old times.

There were chest placed on the corners of the den and a pair of magazines sprawled across the wooden floor. He took it. It was a cartoon magazine that features bunch of cartoon characters, the black-haired boy even laughed at the sight of Mojo Jojo beaten up. A polaroid suddenly fell from the magazine and I took it.

There are two boys with wide grin plastered on their faces. The blackhead kid wore a fake fangs impersonating a vampire while the other boy, his blonde hair covered in a helmet and costumed in Mojo Jojo's outfit.

The guy remembered it, it is the halloween where they secretly sneak out of their houses just to get some treats. It was the best halloween for the boy. He smiled at the picture but soon it faltered.

He missed the other kid on the photo.

He missed the times they are inseparable.

"I missed my old friend." he thoughtfully confessed.

Wishing the other boy would hear his faint whispers.

He missed him...

He clipped the polaroid in the magazine back and placed it somewhere. Soon, he settled near the window where the view of sun setting in the leaves of tall trees that surrounds the lonely, abandoned treehouse.

The pain momentarily came back and he was helpless like everyone thinks of him.

So the collected boy burst out in silent tears. His heart aching in his chest as he was thrown back at the time where everything changed.

I missed the old him...

Blake tried to recollect himself, trying to act manly. Blocking all the memory in the fall of his freshman year.

He thanked the heavens as he was abruptly stopped by a buzz on his pockets. Someone had texted him. He got it out his pockets and saw a message from Boston. He smiled at the one word message then other boy was sent for him. This was better, his inner self told him.

Blake sneezed once more. Removing any indication of him crying and one good thing that is, he is best at it. Hiding it.

All of it.

The ravenhaired thinks it was for the best. They used to be like two peas in a pod, now things are different. He should distance himself away from the boy, away from the prying eyes of the popular crowd. Yeah, they are in different poles now.

With a last glance around the treehouse, Blake safely climbed out the tree and took the trail to home.

Facing the front door to his house, he sigh lowly. It cost him all to turn the door open where the guy seated with his parents on the other couch.

He faked a smile, "Hey B!" which the other boy returned. Boston's parents smiling back at the other boy.

He took the seat beside him and glanced at the boy whose attention is on a show on Netflix. His smile never wavered.

That very moment, the blackheaded wished that smile was true.

Is it too emotional guys? :')

All the praise goes to the rain! for helping me write this chapter!

What d'you think of this chapter guys?

Is anyone of you have an idea what happened at the fall of Blake and Boston's freshman year? Comment down ur guesses! luv u

Blow of kisses to those who recently put this story on their reading lists!