vii

What d'you think about the new book cover?

Vote | Comment

Blake

I almost yelped at the sudden sound.

"What are you doing here?" the voice from behind me asked. Rough and laced with irritation.

My hands automatically clutched the edge of my pullover. I know that voice, even if I don't turn back and face the owner of it I will always know who owns that voice. Damn, I could still pinpoint the owner of it blindfolded.

It was him.

"Hey, are you deaf or just dumb?" he pointed his index finger and pushed me by it. I stumbled a little with his action and in a very unfortunate chances, it made me face him while holding the stage edge for balance.

There are many reasons why I don't want to face Boston but his face was stone like the other times and his eyes cold as ice.

We stared for I don't know how long until he raised his eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

Just like the other times, I felt the inner fire burning up inside me the moment I saw his irritating face rose an eyebrow. My fist clenched at the edge of my cloth, itching to punch something, more on someone.

And that someone is no other than the jerk standing in front of me.

But just like the other times, I recoiled and gave him a fake embarrassed laugh. "Sorry I was just hanging out in here but it seems like someone-" my voice raised a certain point at the mention of someone to justify it that I was referring to him. "-came crashing here first." I hope he gets the sarcasm because if he did not, he is the one that is dumb.

I snatched my unfinished snacks and immediately ran off outside the building.

Geez, don't tell me he's the one I'm going to mentor with?

-

"Yes, he is." I groaned in front of my English teacher.

If I have known this will turn out to be bad idea I shouldn't have accepted her favor to mentor a dog.

I mean, who is on their right mind to even cast a Boston Gregor in a play? He is a total jerk for Pete's sake. He will only ruin the play. I'm more confident if she will replace her with a german shepherd.

"But Mrs. Lopéz why on earth you will cast that guy for the play? I mean he got football practices and all, there is a lot of other guys in school you should consider replacing him." I said without breathing. Pleading her to remove the omen.

"No I can't do that Blake. Boston is perfectly fit for the role." Perfect? My ass.

"Just teach him whatever he needed to learn. Dont worry, I will give you incentives." I don't care anymore about the incentives. The only thing I cared as of now is to eliminate Boston in the play.

Why do I feel like I was tied tightly with this when she is only need me to do a favor? ugh

Lunch came and there's nothing I can do to convince my teacher to replace Boston for the role, damn I even have to teach him everything about the play.