chapter fourteen

"oh my god, oh my god oh my god" yeosang panicked as he walked around his dorm looking for the pair of shoes his mom bought him for christmas.

yeosang and jongho had made plans to meet eachother today. yeosang was getting ready as usual, but his whole day was just full of stress.

jongho on the other hand had his life together.
despite their age jongho wanted yeosang as much and yeosang wanted him. but they didn't know that.

"wait if i put it by the door, wait no but i haven't worn them. ughh" yeosang grabbed his hair in frustration.

there was a knock on yeosangs door disturbing his situation.

"who is it" yeosang shouted towards the door.

yeosang walked up to the door to open it, as soon as he did someone was there who he'd last expect to be there.

"mom, what are you doing here right now" yeosang was in shock to see his mother in front of his dorm.

"i can't come and say hi? i miss my son" hyunli spoke as she walked in into yeosangs dorm apartment.

"see if i wouldn't have come your room would have been a mess." mrs. kang said as she walked around.

the thing with yeosang is that he is always so scared and awkward around his mother because she doesn't know about yeosangs sexuality.

he didn't plan on telling her anytime soon but yeosang can't just keep it away.

"everytime you see me, you either want to give me food or talk to me about blind dating" yeosang looked at his mom with a sad look.

"that's not true, i just came because i figured you would want a few side dishes since i know you can't cook for yourself all the time." hyunli sat down at the table unwrapping the side dishes.

"mom" yeosang looked up, started to get nervous.

"mmh" mrs. kang stopped what she was doing.

"i have something to get ready for, i have plans" yeosang said straight out.

"ooo you have a date? what's her name?" hyunli gave yeosang a smirk.

"no mom i- it's just..." yeosang was frozen.

"well what, is it not a date?" hyunli only made yeosang more nervous.

"hello sangie, is she emo or something" hyunli kept asking questions in the period of silence ruptured by yeosang.

"n-no mom it's a b-boy" yeosang stuttered his words breaking eye contact with his mother. yeosang again was shocked by how straight forward he was even though he was scared.

"what?" mrs. kang stood there.

she walked over the yeosang and gave him a soft but deep hug.

"why didn't you tell me sooner." hyunli spoke with her face turned on yeosangs chest by how short she was.

"i'm sorry m-mom, i thought you wouldn't accept me for w-who i am" yeosang broke down with his head lowered on his moms shoulder.

"are you crazy? baby why would you ever think that? you know i'm here for you no matter what the consequence is" hyunli cupped yeosangs face while wiping yeosangs tears with her thumb.

"hey, that's who you are. boys, girls or whatever, that's who you are and i am here to support that. your father may be not here anymore but we both know that he supports you from above. and we both love you so much. i love you so much kang yeosang." hyunli gave yeosang another heartfelt hug.