TRIVIA

1. The name Raven was used with the meaning dark. It can also be sometimes taken spiritually as an ill-omen or loss.

2. The name Ebony is of English origins meaning Dark Black-wooded tree.

3. November 2nd, the date Ebony and Raven move into their apartment is referred to as 'All Souls Day' or 'the Day of the Dead.'

4. Tuesday, the move in day was used because of it is considered as inauspicious day generally because, it begins at the highest influence point of Mars planet and therefore it is believed to show a special importance for not taking any good events

5. The year the building dated back to 1799 was used because 7 and 9 each have their own sacred and spiritual meanings. 7 is considered to be the number of spiritual perfection while 9 is said to be complete, perfected and divine number.

6. The time normally used was 3 am because in the Western Christian tradition, the hour between 3 and 4 a.m. was considered a period of peak supernatural activity, due to the absence of prayers in the canonical hours during this period. Women caught outside without sufficient reason during this time were sometimes executed on suspicion of witchcraft.

7. Ebony used to have sleep paralysis because the phenomenon of sleep paralysis is often associated with spirits and ghosts.

8. The thing Ebony used to see in her sleep paralysis comes from the name the night hag. The night hag or old hag is the name given to a supernatural creature, commonly associated with the phenomenon of sleep paralysis. It is a phenomenon during which a person feels a presence of a supernatural malevolent being which immobilizes the person as if sitting on their chest or the foot of their bed.

9. Raven saw a dream with cockroaches and it is said that to dream of a cockroach in your bed indicates that someone is going to challenge your comfort zone. A dream whereby you are attacked by a cockroach is an indicator of injustice. It can indicate that you are going to experience worry in your life very soon

These were a few points and details I thought I should update you guys on since I use a lot of symbolism in my work.
This chapter was specifically updated due to this book getting first position in my first contest ever that I won. Yay! 💕

 Yay! 💕