Chapter 18

"Ciara, are you ready to face the monster?" Ali asked me.

Tatlong araw na simulang noong nagkaroon kami ng hindi pagkakaintidihan ni Austine.
That monster is really stressing me out.

"Maybe." I answer being uncertain.

"I'll call for a meeting. I have now the list of the juries. Para less gastos and for safety purposes, dito na lang sa condo."

And we're having our incounter again.

I don't wanna start a commotion but I don't have choice. We need to work.
I'm tired of thinking about the case. And before you ask, witness is still a problem.

Wala na kaming alas na ilalaban.

But it doesn't bother me anymore. It's less of my concern. If winning this case means risking other's life, I'll convict myself.
I did lost my hope but it doesn't mean I did lost my trust to my attorney. I still trust, but if this case will dig his grave, it's better to close the case and execute me.
I don't wanna bother him about my thoughts. He might misunderstood it and degrade himself. Well, in fact his ability is never a question. I admire him for being great.

This time, I'm ready to convict myself. Imagine entering a war without a weapon. Facing the jury and the people without a witness. Pathetic it is.

My case will just complicate things. If it can cause death to others, I'd rather die alone. Protecting me means catching their own death. If helping me risks other people's life, I'd rather choose being convicted to the crime I didn't make. I'm ready to risk my life to the war I didn't start.

"Your life takes its best part today. We'll fix your broken and dark heart. Give me a smile for approval please." Ali being a hero.

I gave her the smile she needs.

"Better when you smile."

She sip a cup of coffee before calling Austine.
In a short while, he's here.

"Good day." He greeted while avoiding me.

He really is a monster.

"Good day boss. Sorry for an urgent meeting." Ali greeted Retico.

"I'm surprise. My employee calls her boss for a meeting. Sounds wrong."

"But great."

"Maybe. Now let's start."

"Before I start the meeting, can the both of you reconcile?" Ali hit the magic word.

"Reconcile? Are you a guidance councilor?" Retico asked while his brows meet.

"You are not in good terms, are you? The ace is in my hand. I'll leave you for a bit. I'll just prepare our snacks." Ali left as was she said.

That girl stressed me out too.

"I'm sorry." Another magic word to start the day right.

He just look at me without uttering a word.

"I'm sorry for being harsh, as what you said. I'm sorry for being a rule breaker where in fact I didn't really hear that rule. And sorry for being mean."

"You said enough for me to forgive you. A simple sorry is valid." He give me a smile.

Ali returned carrying a box of pizza and a chocolate shake.

"Now let's start."
That was Ali being excited.

"Give me the list." Austine ordered.

"Take good care of that please. I have hard time getting that."