New York

Flynn POV

On phone with Devin

' ... I'm waiting for my car.'

'How long you in New York?'

'10 days give or take.'

'Not sure when I'll be back from Miami, so you stay as long as you want. Enjoy yourself Honey,  oh Daniel is going crazy about his Disney trip, he's so excited.'

'Aww my little Peanut.'

'Yea, I'm glad he can have some fun with his Grandma and cousins ...'

'Cousins? Poor Ingrid, will she have all the kids?'

'No, Denise is coming. She's bringing her nanny for the kidos.

'That's good. Ingrid has a hard enough time when he's on 10, I can't imagine him and your sister's three! HaHaHa  Well, tell her I said Hi.'

'I will Flynn, call you later I love you.'

'Yeah, love you too. Bye.'

I never feels right saying those words ... to Devin.

"Mrs. Myers?"

Yes.

"I'm Theresa, I'll be your driver to the Carlyle ..."

Hi, nice to meet you.

She gets my bags while I settle in the car. I text Larry and let him know I'm on the way. It's so funny he picked this particular hotel. I never told him, but I grew up coming to the Carlyle. I've had nothing but good memories here. I hope that doesn't change.

I can't believe I'm doing this, Devin thinks I'm shopping in New York before a wellness retreat. I may or may not go ... it depends on how things are once I see Larry. We have been talking consistently for the last 3 months. Usually everyday, sometimes twice a day. I've even spoken to his therapist Stefan. He still hasn't talked to Daniel, but I've sent him plenty of photos and video.

Devin has no idea we're communicating. I almost feel guilty, then I remember ... he's still 'sponsoring' Marah. I think she was in Hilton Head a couple months ago, I swore I saw her in the mall. Funny.

I'm freaking out, we're almost there. I don't know how I'm going to react to seeing him in the flesh. FaceTime is one thing, but real life!

*DING*[text from Larry]

'Meet you in lobby '

We're almost there, my heart starts to race. Shit. I gaze into the mirror, look the same, my smile is straight now, and my eye is a perfect match. I take my bun out and shake my hair.

I hate it. I pull it back again ... maybe a low ponytail ... ugh. Worse.

We stop at a light and my driver looks at me in the rearview.

"Can't decide Ma'am?"

No. What do you think? Up or down?

"Why don't you leave it down, here ... use this and pull it over one shoulder."

She hands me an unopened pack of hair ties and clips.

"I always keep an emergency kit, use the big clip."

Thank you. I just ... I'm meeting someone I haven't seen in a long time, he ... nevermind. Thanks for the clips.

She was right, I like it. I put my compact away, stare out the window and think ... I hope Larry likes it too.