Chapter 2

Come over in 10
                              -Kenma

I dropped my phone seeing the text that was on my screen. I debated if I really should go knowing my state, but my brain lost to my heart so I got up quickly and got ready.Even if it's just a hang out with Kuroo and him I would be happy since he asked me first. I was gathering my things in a bag when I saw in the mirror I was smiling like an idiot. I calmed myself down and went down stairs when I noticed my mom was gone. Looking at the note on the fridge."I was called into work, Dinner is in the fridge -Love mom". I put on my shoes and left so I could walk to Kenma's house and make it on time. Since we live near each other I won't have to walk far. Approaching the door I suddenly stopped when I asked myself, 'what happens if I end up hanging out alone with him?' My heart raced faster, then another option came to mind. What if he's ending our friendship right now? My palms were now sweating buckets, and I was nervous without realizing...I already rang the doorbell.

Mrs. Kozume opened the door with a shocked face. "Y-y/n, Kenma didn't tell me you were coming over.", Mrs.Kozume said hesitatingly which was weird. "So sorry but he texted me last minute.", I said and she gestured me to come in. Walking in and taking off my shoes she leads me to the living room." No need to be I was just surprised, but it's nice to see you again.", Mrs.Kozume says smiling "I will get Kenma real quick.", She says getting up and walking up the stairs. I heard quick footsteps and Kenma was at the top at the stairs.
"Y/n!, you're here", he says almost panicked.
"Yes I am... you texted me to be here in 10", I said almost in question. He looked around then took out his phone. Before I could question him any further knocks on the door we're heard. Mrs.Kozume went to open the door when I heard a Girls voice. "Kenma~~~~ I'm here. You didn't text me this time", the girl walked through the door pouting. That's when she looked at me. She was beautiful and her eyes were just staring at me. I read the room and bowed. "So sorry, I seem to have made a mistake", I walked past the girl quickly and put on my shoes and almost ran to my house when Mrs.Kozume stopped me. "I'm sorry. ",was all she said and let go. I slightly smiled and ran to my house the path becoming blurry as I ran home. At this point I was letting it all out.

Once I got inside my house and the second I locked the door , I let out everything, tears and screams. I know it's stupid I couldn't help it. Luckily my mom left I wouldn't want her to see me in this state. I got a text from Kenma but I didn't open it. I texted Kuroo the code word for "I'm having a mental breakdown and I need support asap." and 10 minutes later I heard banging on my front door. I walk to the door and open it to see Kuroo with a bag in his hand." I'm here!", he smiles. I try to smile back at him. We set stuff down at the kitchen table and we both take a seat. "What happened?", he ask. I tell him about the Kenma situation." Wait! You liked Kenma?!?", Kuroo ask surprised."Come on you never noticed? And here I thought you were smart.", I said jokingly. "I am only SCIENCE smart", he says with jazz hands. I laughed at his reaction. "It's a good thing you're laughing now."he says smiling. We ended up eating and watching a few movies till he had to leave. I thanked him and he invited me to hang out with him and a couple of friends from other schools to cheer me up and I agreed. It's the weekend and I don't want to spend it mopping around. 

✨ T I M E  S K I P✨
I woke up from my alarm and got ready. Kuroo texted me he would be over by 12 to hang out. I went down stairs to be greeted by my mom but she wasn't alone. Kenma was sitting on the couch with her. I thought I was fine, but seeing him and making eye contact made me want to cry. "Y/n, Kenma stopped by-", I ran out before she could finish. I'm so sorry mom but right now I can't. Kuroo was at my drive way so I took his arm and ran. Kenma yelled my name but I didn't look back.

✨A T  THE  MALL✨
Kuroo and I made it after running to the train station and getting on. At the entrance of the mall."Why the hell was Kenma there?", Kuroo ask."I have no clue that's why we ran.", I shudder trying to push away the memory.
"Kuroo, I never asked. Who exactly are we meeting up with?", I look at him since he was on his phone trying to figure out where the others are. "Oh!, We're meeting with Bokuto,Akaashi, and some Karasuno first years", he says dragging me to the food court. While I rethink my decision because there's so many people. I saw a group of people as we got closer Bokuto waved and started to run towards us. "Heyyyy, Kuroo I see you brought manger with you", Bokuto says while smiling. I smile back and the rest of the group catches up. I've seen the first years during nekomas practice game against them and I met Bokuto and Akaashi last year so they weren't complete strangers. We all walked around and I ended up talking to Hinata and Kageyama since the others were ahead and Hinata has so many stores to check. But it was funny since he picked up a lot of things and Kageyama was yelling at him for it. Walking around the mall with all these boys did catch a lot of lady eyes which were kinda scary since I get many were glaring at me. But it got worse when we sat to eat since I was the only girl. I sat between Kageyama and Kuroo. While eating the boys never stopped talking, and Tsukishima that bean stalk made fun of me whenever he had the chance. His friend Yamaguchi seemed nice tho. I exchanged numbers with all of them since they wanted to hang out another time. Saying bye was sad, but I had a lot of fun on the train Kuroo was lecturing me about how life is good. He probably meant I shouldn't be sad about the Kenma situation. Honestly hanging out with them it barley crossed my mind.

We reached my house where I said bye to Kuroo and walked into the house to spot my mother."Y/n, why did you run?", she ask gesturing me to join her at the kitchen table. "I'm sorry.", I say before I continue to tell her what happened a few tears escaped while I told her all about Kenma including my crush on him. She gets up and hugs me."I know it must be hard but there are many fish in the sea.", she says winking. I laugh and I wish to believe I can find someone. Walking up the stairs to my room, I was about to flop on my bed when I received a text. Checking the user I was surprised to read Kageyama on my screen.

Oi! I still have your Chapstick and ID idiot -Kageyama

Omg! Kags I totally forgot I gave those to you
-Y/n

Kags?...Anyway are you free tomorrow so I can give these to you I might lose them
-Kageyama

I am pretty sure I'm free What time?
-Y/n

Do you know where (fav cafe) is?
-Kageyama

Yeah! I love that place
-Y/n

Okay, it's close to where I'm going to practice tomorrow so I'll be there around 1 sound good
-Kageyama

Yup fine with me
-Y/n

Okay goodnight see you tomorrow
-Kageyama

Goodnight :)
-Y/n

I totally forgot I handed those to him. Jeez am I an idiot? I put my phone down and got ready for bed, before falling asleep. But I woke up around 4am,I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't so I got up and decided to go to the neighborhood park. Sneaking around the house and downstairs trying my hardest to not wake my mom. Slipping on my shoes and quietly opening and closing the front door, I began my walk to the park. It wasn't far plus I've been there many times so I'm not scared to go there in the middle of the night.  I noticed there were people sitting on the bench facing the street. I try not to disturb them and head straight for the swing. Pulling up my hood and playing music through my headphones. I instantly felt calmer, I came here all the time with Kenma and Kuroo. This was where I first realized my feelings for Kenma. Looking to my side and seeing the empty swing memories started to fill my mind.

✨F L A S H B A C K✨
It was 3 am and I had terrible nightmare it was so bad I had to get fresh air. Walking to the park I noticed someone else on the swing. Walking closer I noticed it was Kenma. He had a bag from the convince store."Y/n, What are you doing here?", he says looking up and seeing me. I take the seat next to him,"I had the worst nightmare ,So I came here for air.". "Here.", he says, handing me a milk from the bag. "I bought 3 just Incase I ran into you or Kuroo", he says."Thanks.", I grabbed it and started to drink. I was still shaking a bit from the nightmare.Then I felt something grab my hand. "You're shaking Y/n", Was all Kenma said before looking up at the sky. The heat went to my cheeks when I noticed we were holding hands. I let it be and continued to drink my milk. After that we stayed quiet then he said it was going to be morning soon so he walked me home."Sweet dreams Y/n.", was what he said before I went into my house I waved and thanked him. I fell asleep after that and my heart from then on would panic whenever around Kenma.

✨B A C K TO R E A L I T Y✨
I laughed bitterly at the memory. Looking up to the sky trying to forget everything when I saw the couple stand up. They were holding hands and she was giggling. I envied their relationship. When the moonlight lit up the two I noticed the male had pudding hair. My breath hitched it was Kenma and that lady. My vision started to blur, I quickly wiped my tears. Was the universe messing with me? No this was a sign that I should move on. I tried to be strong but inside I knew my heart was crying. Once they were out of my sight I walked home. I got home, and I fell asleep once I hit my bed.

What I didn't know the encounter that would happen tomorrow change my life

.
.
.

Ayeeeee this chapter was long💀 anyways hope you like the story so far I know it's slow but I'll try to speed it up

Thank you for reading I love y'all