Chapter 15: Ego Trip

"I'll deal with it". Later. Probably.

Sometimes he just wanted to smack himself in the head with the way he acted. Ezreal was self-declared the Ultimate Procrastinator. Because, ofcourse, if he was going to be something, he would have to be the best at it.

He wanted to confront Zoe. He really did. But when it came to serious situations, especially in matters of the heart, he would just keep delaying the inevitable. He was perfectly aware that this wasn't the way to go with things but he just.. couldn't help it. So he simply kept avoiding being left alone with Zoe. How immature.

He felt like a terrible person for what was bound to happen at some point. Whether he liked it or not, he did consider the girl with the flowing hair his friend. Even if she had, perhaps, misjudged(?) the situation. All the girls in his classroom, were seemingly convinced that they were dating and the fact that the former thief wouldn't admit or deny anything created sparks for even more outrageous rumours about the young couple. People were even saying that Zoe was cheating on Ezreal with Kayn because they were always spending time together in the Battle Club and in the hallways.

As if... Ezreal snorted. At least Zoe has good taste in men, he thought. She wouldn't just leave him for his roommate. What am I saying? We're not even together! But still. I'm way more handsome than he is. Kayn just had to bear with her now that he was constantly making excuses and bailed on them.

He still remained a bother to him. The ever composed, cynical, and cold Kayn wouldn't stop reminding him what he had to do. Ezreal kept scoffing and ignoring him. He'd deal with it. And that was final.

Yuumi had left the hospital, they'd found out. She was staying at a rehabilitation center. Her wounds still needed time to heal after all. She wasn't ready to become the Principal again. She would probably miss the entire school year for all Ezreal knew. But the curiosity wouldn't leave him alone. The explorer within him wanted to figure out all there was to what had happened to the beloved feline. Soon enough he would. He just didn't know that. Yet.

You're joking. This can't be happening. The blond boy thought and his hand started to twitch inside his red gauntlet.

"I finally found you boo!", he girl said and jumped onto him as he was sitting on the couch. She planted a small, tender innocent kiss on his cheek. This is not happening.

"Uhm.. Hi.. Zoe", said Ezreal awkwardly trying to get a grasp of the situation in front of him.

"Isn't he adorable?", the girl asked Lux while she used both hands to cup Ezreal's face making his cheeks pop out.

"He's goodlooking. I guess?", said Lux, her voice betraying a hint of irritation. She totally thinks I'm hot stuff! Maybe something good might come out of this after all.., he schemed inside his head and smirked towards the red haired girl. To realize she had already looked away.

"What is your girlfriend doing here?", asked an unimpressed Katarina.

"She's n-", Ezreal began to say but Zoe stuffed his mouth with a huge piece of a sweet waffle.

"This is supposed to be a group meeting. We didn't come all the way here for a chit chat", said the girl with the scar across her eye.

As she was saying that Sylas walked into the small diner. He was staring confused.

"Or a double date for that matter", she continued nonchallantly once she spotted the dark haired mage standing next to Luxanna.

Kayn sat down next to him. A sly grin was spread upon his face but he didn't even look at his roommate.