Chapter 19: Glow Up

"Please tell me you're not wearing.. that", Katarina pointed towards her dress with disgust written all over her face. Lux unwittingly dropped her gaze to her chest.

"Why? What's wrong with it?", she asked terrified gripping tight at the fabric.

"Nothing. That's what I'm saying", she scoffed. "It's too proper".

Luxanna looked at her herself in the mirror. She was wearing a sleeveless white lace gown. Delicate flower patterns were giving the dress an almost romantic feel. The red haired girl loved the way it was twirling around her legs when she walked.

She looked at what her friend was wearing. A black silky mermaid tail gown that perfectly fit her slim and athletic body. The deep neckline accentuated her breasts, making the entire outfit look way too provocative for Luxanna's taste.

"Well, we don't exactly have the same sense of style, do we?", she cackled nodding towards her friend's dress.

"I actually HAVE a sense of style that's the difference", Katarina snorted. "What time is Sylas picking you up"?

Sylas. Luxanna felt a lump in her thought as her heart grew heavier. "He's not picking me up", she said with a smile.

"What? I thought you were going to the ball with him", Katarina asked, her brows were knitted together. "Don't tell me you're going with-"

"I'm just going to meet him at the venue!", she chirped excitedly. Katarina sighed unapollogetically.

"Are you sure that this is what you want? I mean.. Did you believe this Zoe girl even for a sec? Like come on", Katarina looked at her friend under furrowed eyebrows. "All I heard since the first day of school was Ezreal this, Ezreal that and now you wanna go to the Ball with Sylas Dregbourne? I mean sure he's hot but ..are you blind? The guy is faker than Miss Fortune's tits! Plus, he's a peasant".

"What does that have to do with anything? I'm not interested in that".

Luxanna gazed down her bare feet. But the pink haired girl continued lecturing her.

"It's just.. Forget about the peasant part, I just don't like him. He has something menacing in his look. But at least he had the balls to ask you out, compared to the other peasant, so I'll give him that much". Lux huffed irritated.

"You're wrong", she decided to speak up. Katarina sat down on Lux's desk and rested her chin on her palms.

"How so?", she asked mockingly.

"Ezreal.. did ask me to the Ball"..

"Then why are you going with Sylas!? You could have just said yes! Man, you're making your life so hard", Katarina rolled her eyes.

"Because he asked me first!", Luxanna admitted, feeling embarassed. "I didn't think anyone else would've asked me and I didn't wanna go a-" Lux's words were stuck in her throat. Katarina squinted her eyes at her.

"Alone? What's wrong with going alone"?

"Nothing", she whispered.

Katarina chuckled. "Come here princess", she said pointing to a chair in front of a mirror. "Just let me do your hair and make up and after tonight, you'll have two peasant boyfriends. Not just one"

Kayn was trying to fix his tie in vain in front of the mirror while Ezreal was slapping his forehead in sight of his friend's futile efforts.

"You know I'm really trying my best not to make fun of you right now", the blond boy said hoping that his voice wouldn't crack with laughter.

Kayn's concentrated face with furrowed eyebrows made him even funnier in Ezreal's eyes as he was trying to be somewhat fashionable for the first time in forever. Most likely.

"Shut up idiot", he said before Zoe popped up in their room. Kayn was so focused on his tie that he didn't even notice her at first.

"What's he doing?", she whispered to Ezreal with the back of her hand covering her mouth.

"Isn't amazing? It's like watching a nature documentary", Ezreal replied trying to sound captivated by Kayn's movement. "The tiny alpaca tries to walk for the first time", he sniffed as he wiped an invisible tear from his eye. "It's... beautiful".

"Do you mind keeping your mouth shut? I'm trying.. something", he said licking his lips. Zoe sighed.

"Oh come on I can't bare to watch this anymore", she said pulling Kayn's tie down making him crouch to get to her eye level. With a few swift movements his tie seemed perfect. Kayn looked at his reflection proudly.

"See Ez? I told you I could do this by myself", he grinned. Zoe rolled her eyes so hard, Ezreal thought that they might get stuck in the back of her skull.

"Good job", Ezreal said ironically as he slow clapped.

"I've brought you these", Zoe said. In her hands were two roses. A white one and a red one. "They're for your jackets".

The boys moved closer towards the roses. Both of them were in their black suits. Ezreal's hair was slicked back, bringing his bright blue eyes in the spotlight, while Kayn's long hair was put up in a bun.

"Dibs on the red one!", yelled Kayn before Ezreal had any say on the matter.

"Fine. Give me the other one", replied the blond boy visibly bummed.

"I think you guys are ready to be my dates now", Zoe said once both roses were tucked in their suit pockets.

The boys looked at eachother quizzically.

"Oh what did we ever to do to deserve being blessed with your presence, m'lady", said Kayn dramatically. Zoe smirked mischievously.

"You're doing well Shieda", she winked at Kayn. "Lightfeather better take notes or you might lose me forever".

"Oh bother", replied Ezreal giving a light punch to his upper thigh.

"Come on now", she put her hands over both their shoulders. "Let's have an awesome night!", she said as she teleported the three of them to the venue.