Chapter 1

Will and Sam stared at the group of men. there was five of them.

"what happened?" Sam ask.

"Wheeljack." Ratchet grumbled.

"they're not holoforms you can just shut them off?" Sam ask.

"our Cybertronian bodies are just gone. this is it." Bumblebee said.

"Wheeljack is working on it." Ratchet grumbled, shooting the inventor a dirty look. he hadn't been changed like the rest of them. Wheeljack stood in his normal form and gave his bonded a sheepish look.

"sorry Ratch." he mumbled.

"well... thats okay! come on Bee, lets go get some food." Sam smiled. the teen smiled and followed him to borrow a car from the hanger.

"thanks Sam." he smiled. Will stared at his guardian, who looked exactly like his holoform. the same as everyone else. they had already stated they'd be staying on the human side of the base, but Will was debating. Will nodded for Ironhide to follow him to the hanger.

"c'mon, we can probably sign out the same truck from the hanger for a few days." Will said. Ironhide seemed slightly relieved and followed him. "you three wanna come?" Will ask.

"no we'll stay on base. go on." Optimus said. Will nodded and headed lead the way to the hanger.

"thank you." Ironhide grumbled.

"can't just leave you here. you wouldn't do that to me." Will smiled. Ironhide smiled back. Will signed out the truck. he threw his bags into the back seat then climbed into the driver seat. Ironhide frowned at him but climbed in. "don't give me that look. you have no idea how to drive a real car." Will said. Ironhide huffed at him, but buckled up. "how long have you guys been like this?" Will ask.

"all night." Ironhide said.

"want some lunch?" Will ask. Ironhide shrugged slightly, looking annoyed. "alright." Will said. he drove to the nearest town and parked at a restaurant. "come on. lets go in and eat." Will said. he shut the truck off and hopped out. Ironhide followed him out. "you're being awful quiet." Will frowned.

"I feel bare. no scanners, no sensors, no cannons, no guns. I feel bare." Ironhide mumbled. Will paused a moment and knelt, pulling up his pants leg. he pulled the knife sheath off his ankle and handed it to Ironhide.

"here. its not a gun, but it's better than nothing right?" Will ask. Ironhide looked at him a moment, before taking the knife and putting it on his own leg.

"thanks I guess." he said.

"don't worry. you know I have guns at home." Will chuckled, heading inside. Ironhide followed him. they ate lunch and headed back out on the road. they hadn't been on the road long when Will realized Ironhide was asleep in the passenger seat. Will chuckled, it didn't really surprise him. he drove them home and parked in the driveway, not in the garage. the garage was Ironhide's area only. he grabbed his bags and took them inside before coming back out. he opened the passenger side door. "hey Hide. we're home." Will said shaking him. the weapons specialist immediately jerked awake. "sorry Hide, but we're home." Will said. Ironhide nodded and got out of the truck, closing the door. he mumbled quietly.

"sorry." he muttered.

"go on to the guest room and lay down." Will said. Ironhide just headed up stairs silently and Will smiled slightly, but noticed Ironhide walking into his room. Will rolled his eye's and headed upstairs, he needed a shower anyway. Ironhide was going through his closet. "looking for something?" Will ask.

"hoping to find something more comfortable to sleep in." Ironhide mumbled.

"try the dresser. I keep my pj's in there. I'm gonna get a shower." Will said walking into the bathroom. Ironhide went over to the dresser and found himself some clothes. Will honestly didn't care, he'd been in the military enough that it just didn't bother him. he took a quick shower and go out. he walked out, with only a towel around his waist. Ironhide was admiring himself, completely naked, in the full body mirror on the back of Will's bedroom door. Will shrugged and pulled the towel off, drying his hair as he looked for a pair of boxers. Ironhide turned around to look at him, looking him over. "are you okay?" Will ask, turning around as he pulled up his boxers.