Chapter 4: Obsession or Love? Who Cares?

"What?"

When he heard what Kagura said, Kamui clenched his metal spoon so hard that it immediately snapped in two.

"Oh my god, I knew you would react like that. Why did I even tell you?" Kagura wondered aloud as she put her head in her hands.

Kagura had to go to the Valentine's Day Dance tonight, and since it was her first dance, she wanted to tell her brother about it despite knowing about his sister complex. She obviously regretted her decision.

"I will not let you go to the dance, let alone with another guy," he told her.

"Just let me live my life for once!" she exclaimed, pounding her hand down onto the table, making all the dinner plates jump.

Kagura fought with her brother all the time because of his helicopter brother ways. She was always the adventurous type, but Kamui, being the overprotective brother he was, never let her go out of the house except for school or when he was by her side to watch over her. Obviously Kagura was just going to find a way to sneak out of the house for the dance anyway, so she wasn't really worried, but his reaction still irked her. In their house, it was just Kagura, Kamui, and Umibouzu since their mother passed away from an illness, and if their dad was home, he would have taken Kamui's side like always to end the fight. Fortunately for Kagura, Baldy was unexpectedly called to go on a business trip that day, so he wasn't in the house.

"Who knows what that guy could do to you! He could show his *beep*, but the only *beep* you should see is mine! And-"

"Ewww!!! Just shut up, you sis-con!" she screamed before running to her room, leaving some dinner uneaten—a very rare occurrence.

She slammed her bedroom door behind her and sank back on to her bed. Why did I have to have him for a brother?

Soon after, Kamui opened the door and poked his head inside. "Kagura? Please, don't be too mad. You know I'm saying that because I love you, right?"

Kagura rolled her eyes and replied, "Don't think saying 'because I love you' will solve everything. If this keeps on going, I'm cutting contact with you the moment I turn eighteen."

Kamui rushed forward to the bed and gripped her hands, tears streaming down his face. "D-don't say that, Kagura~ Your brother will fall into despair if you do that! I'll torture all the people you know to find where you are, and if they don't tell me, I'll kill—"

"Okay, okay! Fine, I won't cut contact, my goodness. Just don't go killing people, aniki. Your bloodlust is showing," Kagura snapped, shaking her head.

"Okay, as long as you stay by my side, I'll refrain from killing your friends" Kamui replied with a smile. "How about this? Instead of going to a stupid dance, you and aniki can have a fun party at home since Baldy isn't here!"

"No way. I'm just gonna play on my phone if you won't let me go. You can stay and stare all night if you want to, but I'm not playing with you."

"Aww, that's no fun, but okay. I don't mind watching you all night."

"Weirdo."

Knowing this would probably happen, Kagura had thought of a plan to distract her brother, and now that she had Sougo's number, she had the perfect idea. Whenever Kamui took interest in something or someone, he always needed to know everything there was to know about the topic or person, so it didn't take long for Kagura to figure out that he took a liking to Nobume. Then again, anyone with a brain would have figured that out if they saw his behavior. Kamui was always following Nobume around to see what she was doing, and by this point he had her schedule completely memorized. He even put a tracker in her phone, so he always knew where she was. Kagura constantly told him to stop being a stalker, but just for tonight she needed him to still like the girl.